Bad Day to be Named "John"

ready2fly

Bad Day to be Named \"John\"

Heard the unfortunate news this morning that singer/song-writer Johnny Cash died at age 71.

That followed the news that actor John Ritter died of a massive heart attack.

They will be missed in their respective professions.

Re: Bad Day to be Named \"John\"

What are you trying to say ...
shocked.gif

LOL!!
grin.gif

You didn't even cross my mind..... but now that you mention it..... be careful today, mon frer!! Take that asprin. Stay out of heavy traffic. Stay in and keep safe.
laugh.gif

No need to lose another'n.

Actually John Ritter's real name is Jack Tripper, so while you might think that would now make Tenney safe, Jack Tripper and John Tenney have the same initials. So Tenney....how you feeling? LOL.

Ok, I am blushing. Hey, I was only born in '79, I never saw Three's Company. I misread something that used the name Jack Tripper, but that was his character's name, not his. I am sure you old people all got a good laugh out of my youthful ignorance.

Anybody want to start a "death pool" on John Taylor (Duran Duran)?
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Heard the unfortunate news this morning that singer/song-writer Johnny Cash died at age 71.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few days ago, I watched the video "Hurt" by Johnny Cash, which was a remake of Nine Inch Nails "Hurt".

Man, take a peek at that video and it makes his passing that much more personal.

Rage on, JC!

Awesome music video. Romanek who shot "Hurt" also directed "One Hour Photo" with Robbin Williams and has put out a lot of other music videos (all pale in comparison).

[ QUOTE ]
I never saw Three's Company

[/ QUOTE ] You're kidding, right? Never even saw a re-run?

I have seen a few minutes of a rerun. We didn't have cable growing up though and by the time I really knew what it was I didn't ever actually sit down and watch. Most of what I have seen is from clips on Entertainment Tonight or True Hollywood Story or something.

That's terrible news. While I'm a little young to know about Johnny Cash, I thought John Ritter was hilarious. He was fairly young himself, I believe.

Johnny Cash is an American icon, and has influenced more of today's music than we will ever know. Terrible, terrible news. He will be sorely missed, but his legacy will never be forgotten. RIP
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I was only born in '79

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh crap....I feel old. '78
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
?? Geez you could be my grandpa!!

[/ QUOTE ]

So that's how things are in your family eh?
wink.gif

But seriously, if you ever need a grandpa, I'll give you my bargain-basement CFI special rate of $18/hr.

Back