Background checks

DaPaul

Doesn anybody know if having less than favorable credit is a factor in being hired by the airlines, or if they even check credit?

Actually a credit check, I believe, is part of the FAA-mandated background check. Heck, even Taco Bell will check your credit prior to employment.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually a credit check, I believe, is part of the FAA-mandated background check

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had 3 FAA background checks, two post 9/11, and have never had my credit pulled.

Really? Man, Skyway pulled mine one and Delta's pulled mine three times.

I dont recall having my pulled by Delta lately but they did when I got hired many years ago. The 10 yr check is looking for gaps and any questionable things. I think they even called the people I had put on their as contacts.

Now they did give me 2 random drug test in 3 days...what a waste of money that was

[ QUOTE ]
Now they did give me 2 random drug test in 3 days...what a waste of money that was

[/ QUOTE ]

In the three years I was with Colgan, I only had 1 random test. It was after I was done for the day and it was a breathalizer.

I actually had to pee test..The lady at the sign in desk asked me what I was there for again and I said I was told to take the test...I know its random but twice in 3 days what kinda luck is that..

Back