Background Check - Do I have a chance?

dustinrobert

I am OTS and going the non-PEPC route - I have done my interview, drug test, medical, submitted my SF85 and received my TOL in the mail. I don't mind all of the waiting involved, but the one thing that's eating me up is waiting for the results of my background check and medical. I went through a very rough time about two years ago where I made some very poor decisions and I'm worried that they may be the end of me in this process. I had just ended a 5 year relationship, moved to a new city and state and started at a new school, and several close family members had just died. I reacted by drinking too much with my new "friends" for about a two month period which led to me being stupid and getting arrested for a DUI. I wasn't convicted of the DUI, but since my BAC was so high my license was suspended for 6 months. After that 6 month period I thought everything was fine with my license until this past January when I was pulled over for an out headlight and I found out it was suspended. Apparently in my state you are required to do counseling if you are above a certain BAC, which I had not done so they suspended my license (there had been some disconnect between my lawyer and I about this which is why I hadn't been aware of). So I began my 6 month counseling in May and will be doing it until the beginning of November. I no longer drink at all but I am terrified that I will be denied because of all of this.
I disclosed all of this on my SF85 and medical forms (they asked if you were ever referred for counseling) but I am still worried that they will view me as having an alcohol problem and deny me. I am just hoping that they consider the fact that it was such a brief period in my life and isn't who I am and who I've always been.
Does anyone know if anyone else has gone through something like this and what the outcome was? Do I have a chance?

IF.... it comes up, just be straight forward and honest with whoever calls and asks you questions. They know people make mistakes.

IF.... it comes up, just be straight forward and honest with whoever calls and asks you questions. They know people make mistakes.
werd.
like the medical thread everything I've read about the SF86/5 is HONESTY HONESTY HONESTY. If you them and are 100% honest about it they can't come back at you later.
I got the boot from a job 4 years ago, couldn't be 5, had to be 4, and had to disclose it on about 4 different forms and do a special secret interview, the lady even said then it shouldn't matter and if I was coming to her region she wouldn't have bothered, but had I not disclosed it and they found out on their own I'd be out.

Back