"Back to school.... back to school..."

drumminpilot

\"Back to school.... back to school...\"

So I just got a loan, and now I'm going to finally finish up my ratings after plugging away at em for 6 years.
laugh.gif
I have my Private/Instrument done, my Commercial written done, and I've met the min. hour reqs for the commercial. My instrument has expired, so I have to do an IPC. I guess my question is, I'm kinda lost as to where to start back. Should I do my IPC, then my Comm. Vice Versa? Any comments/suggestions?
confused.gif

Re: \"Back to school.... back to school...\"

Are you even using your your Inst? Do your commercial with a cfii and shoot an approach after every lesson.

Good call..... I have the chance to use my inst., but probably not for another month or so.

Hey drumminpilot! How's the band doing?

I think it's imperative to have honed your instrument skills, especially as you progress towards the airlines (that's your goal, right?), so I would do the IPC and then begin working on your commercial maneuvers.

I have to check the FARs, but it may be feasible to do your commercial training from the right seat and, when you're ready for your CFI, you will have no problem adjusting to the "other side", so to speak.

Just a thought; good luck!

I know of no FAR stating which seat to sit in for a Commercial. I would recommend though that the first time one does a Commercial Steep Turn or a Chandelle from an OPPOSITE seat (whichever it might be), it should not be checkride day.

I suppose one could ask the DE for the Comm ride if he'd like to sit in the left seat... ???

I did 90% of my comm training from the right seat - and I took the ride from it as well. It's perfectally legal (with a willing DE) and it really helps you prepare for the CFI.

Dunno if I would do the IPC now - you won't do any instrument maneuvers for the comm or the CFI; I would hold off unless you have extra cash lying around.

Hey Jag, the bands kinda calmed down. I moved an hour and a half away, and have been busy with school and work, so it's been kinda hard to keep it going very much. I was thinking about doing my Comm in the right seat, and as far as I know, there is no reg against it. As long as you're sole manipulator of the controls, you're PIC. Thanks for the advice!

Thanks for the advice everybody!! I lined up an instructor today, and I'll be starting back next Saturday morning. Thanks again!!

Back