Back to flight instructing again?

Uh. . .good luck with that.

I'd have to think pretty damn highly of myself to try to educate DAL, WN, CAL, UAL guys why their opinions of GoJet are incorrect. . .frankly . . . I would more than likely agree with them, but come on now. Those guys (for the most part) have been around the block. And thankfully no regional FO or Captain should be able to convince them, or as you say - educate them, on why GoJets is a good thing for one's career.

YGTBKM

Ask any major airline guy whether they care where their fellow pilots came from or how they got their experience to be at that airline.

:banghead:

I wasn't aware this discussion was about where they want their fellow pilots to come from. . .if it is, I already know that the overwhelming majority of major pilots I know keep it pretty simple - the military, or at least someone with a military background and civilian training.

But then again, we weren't talking about where they wanted people to come from, but rather your stated opinion that YOU (or anyone who is not the person you are trying to "Educate") could educate a major pilot who already has a certain distaste (rightfully so in my opinion) for any GoJetters

Ask any major airline guy whether they care where their fellow pilots came from or how they got their experience to be at that airline.

Want me to start compiling a list of guys that have gone to mainline that I've flown with that would make sure a Gojets guys never gets their jumpseat?

Want me to start compiling a list of guys that have gone to mainline that I've flown with that would make sure a Gojets guys never gets their jumpseat?

As much as I would I don't really care. The only guys that have the right to be pissed enough at a fellow pilot to deny a jumpseat is if they were fired or furloughed as a result of their actions. If a random major captain is denying jumpseats to GJ pilots who are the same as you and I just trying to fly and put food on the table then they are ######bags who probably don't commute themselves anyways.

So you've gone from saying they don't exist, to not caring that they exist?

I didn't go to a #### bag company for a reason; I didn't want my career to end there. I have what's called foresight, which is something that a lot of people lack.

They'll pay for it eventually, karma's a real pain in the butt.

John,

It's good to see you posting around here again as well. I haven't seen much of you around these parts, or maybe it's because I just haven't been around this place much recently either. Either way, welcome back ;)

I didn't go to a #### bag company for a reason; I didn't want my career to end there.

Come on what are you talking about, I've talked to many GJ pilots and FAs and they wouldn't lie about something like being treated like #### by fellow pilots. They don't have a problem now, I guess it used to be bad back when GJ started and weren't union. There are plenty of GJ guys leaving for all kinds of jobs in all sectors of the industry, including major ALPA carriers.

I agee with fly8slep, while I wouldn't go to GoJets, in the real world most pilots don't really care or even know about GoJets except for the few forum fanatics like us(not that there's anything wrong with that):) You'd be surprised how many Delta pilots never heard of Pinnacle:D

As for the actual topic at hand...

I think Skywest is still hiring into the pool - I put in my stuff today for the heck of it. Thankfully I still have a job until the end of the year, so I could possibly wait a bit longer for a CRJ class. Its a long shot by now, but its either that or flying a desk next year...

Just to recap on GJ (had to do it :D)
1. Isn't it odd they're still having to hire with so few planes? Tells you something
2. Yeah they're teamsters, but in the trucking division since the airline division wouldn't have them. Tells you something
3. As for the whole "times are lean, people need a paycheck, etc." argument, I doubt you could find any full time job that paid LESS than a regional.

John,

It's good to see you posting around here again as well. I haven't seen much of you around these parts, or maybe it's because I just haven't been around this place much recently either. Either way, welcome back ;)

Still here, just busy as crap at work. I'm on day 5 of a 4 day right now, which is becoming day 6 tomorrow, then I go home...for a day.

6 on, 1 off, 2 on, 2 off, 5 on 3 off.

Living the dream.

If I read my fastread correctly, and I like to think I do, Go-jet pilots are not allowed on the jumpseat in a Mesaba Aircraft. Captain, of course, having the final authority.

Still here, just busy as crap at work. I'm on day 5 of a 4 day right now, which is becoming day 6 tomorrow, then I go home...for a day.

6 on, 1 off, 2 on, 2 off, 5 on 3 off.

Living the dream.

Staying busy has it's benefits my friend. . .especially when it comes to internet forums.

Speaking of which, don't think I've seen Em around much lately either. . .but that very well may be due to my own lack of attention round these parts.

Either way man. . .here's to you getting some relaxation time soon.

Back