Back from Air Force Basic Training!

Not off hand. That was 4 years ago. I was there Nov-Dec 1999. You would know if he was still there.

Kato: Congrats on finishing BMT. I was at basic in the 323 TRS during the same time period your were. Like you, I'd say it wasn't all that hard-just got to keep a clean slate and shut up and color. At age 32 (now 33) with a degree from The Citadel, I had a head start on most folks there. I am off to tech school at Sheppard in Wichita Falls, TX (a.k.a. middle of nowhere) on 04 Jan for F-16 Crew Chief training. Have fun in Little Rock, AR!

El_Cid_Av8or - Congrats to you too! F-16 crew chief - what a cool job, I am sure you are looking forward to that. I don't go to loadmaster school until June '04
crazy.gif
so in the mean time I will finish another semester at school. Were you by chance a dorm chief?

Nope, not a dorm chief, just an element leader. How about you?

I'm busting my tail to make sure I have everything ready to go on Sunday. Can't forget that Lackland Light Saber!
tongue.gif

Congrats, man (even though this thread is 3 months old). I was at Lackland waaaaaaaay back in the spring of 1994. Everybody I know (including myself) who has gone thru any type of enlisted basic training has a bunch of great stories - you do too, I'm sure.

Guidon was the best "job" in basic. For 2 hours a day, you get to get out of the dorm and practice with the other guidons by yourselves without too much involvement from the TI's...plus some poor sucker in your flight gets to make your bed and clean up your personal area!

[ QUOTE ]
I am off to tech school at Sheppard in Wichita Falls, TX (a.k.a. middle of nowhere) on 04 Jan for F-16 Crew Chief training

[/ QUOTE ]

I did medic training there...yes, it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere. As you have probably learned by now (most Crew Dogs pick up on this one pretty quickly), there's a substantial number of enlisted ladies going thru medic tech school, so that makes your time there a bit more fun.

[ QUOTE ]

I did medic training there...yes, it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere. As you have probably learned by now (most Crew Dogs pick up on this one pretty quickly), there's a substantial number of enlisted ladies going thru medic tech school, so that makes your time there a bit more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Thats what I hear... Crew Dogs keep telling me it's the VD capital of the Air Force....But that it's just not worth it, even if you haven't gotten any in two months.
grin.gif

That's funny, I heard the exact same thing - I guess the mandatory STD classes at BMT aren't doing much good.
laugh.gif

Yep, there was plenty of hooking up and foolin' around on Sheppard, but "VD capital" might be a bit extreme.

Besides, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to use a little discretion and a little protection.
grin.gif

I was in the 322 TRS from 29 Mar to 12 May 2000. I had SSgt Banks, SSgt Litton, TSgt Phillips, and SrA Underwood. Anybody ever heard of them?

Hey bro, welcome to the boards. I can't place a face with those names, however they do sound vaguely familiar. What's your job with the AF?

Congrats!!!!

I wanted to go into the AF but ended up serving in the Navy (6 yrs) / Army (3 yrs).

It was a good experience! I got to see many places I would not have seen otherwise.

I wish you the best!

Sincerely,

TL

P.S. Yes, I had to go through basic training twice!
grin.gif

[
P.S. Yes, I had to go through basic training twice!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man that sucks!
tongue.gif

Hey bro, welcome to the boards. I can't place a face with those names, however they do sound vaguely familiar. What's your job with the AF?
I am an aircraft electrical and environmental systems technician in the Air Force. I have been in the Air Force for six and a half years. I started out on active duty from 2000 until 2004. I have been in the Reserve for the past two years. I have only worked on the KC-10 in my whole time in the Air Force. I have only been stationed at McGuire in NJ through my whole career (active duty/reserve). I am currently in upgrade training for my 7-level.

I will be on the C-130 down at Channel Islands. How long have you been a load?
AWESOME UNIT!
Although I was in the Corps, if you are gonna go AF/ANG this has to be the best unit out there. I am biased as my mom is a retired flight nurse and my dad a retired pilot (C-97) from the days when they were in VNY.
I practically grew up at the VNY Air Guard. If you get your hands on the 50th anniversary yearbook I am in it as a 2-3 yr/old. Heck went to Hawaii twice with the guard when my mom was on her two week summer drills.

Let us know when you are up there finally. The alumni association meets frequently and we go up there. We could meet up. Are you gonna be on the J model? Channel Islands is transitioning the J. Smells like a brand new car.
Thank you for your service with the CANG.

Talk about a trip down memory lane...

eta71,

You're right - this unit is great, alot of good people here. It has been a busy a couple of years, but a lot of fun. We still take those hawaii trips, those are always fun. The J-model is a great airplane, I have been on it for about 1.5 yrs now. We've just received our newest tail two weeks ago - And it does smell like new car. I think we still have two maybe three more planes to go before we have a full inventory.

Congrats on the first hurdle man!

As you can probably tell from my now retired plane-type, I am an Ex-Load.
It really is one of the best jobs you can get! Keep us posted!

Back