b737 type atp 4000 tt

kevin conley

hi everyone

just wondering if my window of opportunity has passed.

im 43. flew heavily from 19-25. i have 4000 hrs 800 multi. mostly cfi time in san jose. i kept my cfi license current but i only fly 10-15 hrs a year cessna 172 with my son.

i see alot of jobs i qualify for but i have almost no viable current flight time.

any thoughts if it is worth it to start instructing again part time?

thank you

thank you
Assuming you just want to CFI on the side I imagine the answer will depend entirely upon how much training in done in the San Jose area. With you're times I'd imagine you'd get plenty of flight schools who would work with you. I part timed for almost three years (always had a real job) but I wasn't very good at instructing. Never put 100% into it, because I made more money doing other things. Some guys are great at CFI'ing but it was a hustle a decade ago and I imagine it still is.

sorry i was vague. im in sales now, kids are almost done with school, so just wondering if their was a possibility of a career.

i did my 737 type in 1994 at a school that used america west's training facility.

i would cfi part time if that helped. my main question would be is it feasible? 43.. no turbine or jet.. no current time..??

thank you

I don't know, certainly you'd need currency in something. Regionals will hire with a heart beat obviously.

Back