B717 Sim Ride!!!

E_Dawg

Yesterday, 12/17, I got to fly a B717!!!
grin.gif

It was a full motion flight sim; Mike C. (mpenguin1 here on jetcareers) was too kind: the guy works for Alteon Training over at Long Beach and he set me up with an instructor over there and hooked me up with a flight in the sim. THANKS MIKE!!!! It was awesome!

We took off at LAX, flew to LGB and did a touch and go; then back to LAX for another touch and go; finally we did a teardrop back to LAX and landed on the other side.

SOOOOO MUCH FUN! If you guys are ever out at LGB definately look into it; Alteon does it where you can fly the sim when no one's training in it for some $$$.

Here are some pics:
-Me next to the sim I flew:
b7171.jpg

-Ha, kidding. Here it is, really:
b7172.jpg

SOOO FUN; thanks again Mike!

WOW when you are in a real cockpit you actually look old enough to have your pilots license!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Did an FA come and bring you peanuts?

Badass man...Hopefully I'll be able to get some pics when I'm in the DC-9 and 767 sims on Monday.

They're a lil bit anal about pictures though but hopefully I'll be able to talk em into it.

Have any of you out there ever participated in Wayne Phillips' ATOP program which is now out of the Continental Airlines flight training facility in Houston (formerly at the United Airlines Training Kingdom in Denver). It's a two-day condensed version typically what a new-hire pilot goes through in learning the 737-300 (it was the 737-200 at United back in those days)- the first day is spent in class learning the fundamentals of the electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and progresses to the mockup for flowchart practice. The second day is when each pilot gets one hour in the sim- half an hour in right seat and half an hour in left hand, thus learning captain's and FO's functions in the process. It's a lot to absorb!

Hey Ed, where can I find the details on this "space-available" deal? I'd love to get in on that!.

Yeah, that would be sweet to catch some sim time. If not for free, at least a reduced rate when its not being used. I wouldnt mind paying for it as long as its loggable. I suppose most of these are kept under wraps so they dont have people knocking down their doors for free sim time.

I was wondering about that. Thanks for clearing it up. Didnt make much sense to give away free Level D sim time even if it wasnt being used. I imagine they are way expensive to maintain in the hydraulics dept.

[ QUOTE ]
WOW when you are in a real cockpit you actually look old enough to have your pilots

[/ QUOTE ]

*Real* cockpit??? As opposed to the usual fake ones?

[ QUOTE ]
I imagine they are way expensive to maintain in the hydraulics dept.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'd immagine so. You could seriously feel everything, from accelerating on takeoff, my uncoordinated turns, putting the gear down, wheels touching down, etc. the motion was really incredible.

So is the $99 listed per half hour, hour? That isnt a bad price considering I saw some prices about a year ago or so for a place in Canda for $300CDN/hr.

EDIT: Just caught this----> "my uncoordinated turns"
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What are the thrust outage on the BMW engines for the 717?

Also what is the ceiling for the 717?

[/ QUOTE ]

18,500 lbs/ea
39,000 ft.

Awesome!

I'll have to come out to LGB with Kristie one of these days and check it out!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are the thrust outage on the BMW engines for the 717?

Also what is the ceiling for the 717?

[/ QUOTE ]

18,500 lbs/ea
39,000 ft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thrust outage, customer option up tp 21,000lbs. Doug, if you ever come to Long Beach, you can ride in the right seat for Kristie!

Back