B1900?

PA-44typed

Could a B1900D/C make a 580NM flight form KFLL to MTCH (Cap Haitien) with a good amount of cargo?
If so what kind of fuel burn, time and cargo
Thanks

Could a B1900D/C make a 580NM flight form KFLL to MTCH (Cap Haitien) with a good amount of cargo?
Thanks

Thanks

Define "good amount of cargo"... I am sure it could but cargo would be a limiting factor as well as torque/fuel burn settings.

Easily with the fuel capacity it has. Max zero fuel weight on the D was 15165 I believe, so how much cargo you could carry, would depend on the empty weight of the airplane.

The max fuel on a D model is 4484 lbs. Empty weight can vary. You're looking at 600-700 pounds per hour for fuel burn and it cruises at around 270. Burning around 1500 lbs straight shot VFR. You could easily throw about 5000 lbs of cargo in that sucker and be able to put over 2000 lbs of fuel on. It all depends on IFR and diversion requirements for a flight like that.

Im sure it can with the wet wing on the C model. Never flown the D model. With VFR fuel on short hauls easily 3 tons. I plan 1000lbs first hour fuel burn and 700 next hour after that. Just how much is a good amount seldom will you blow out a 1900 Bulk yes. I've never seen a D model freighter either.

A Canadian company flew a D-model into BFI. The name of the company was Thunder something if I recall.

If you have the max gross weight increase on the C model you can max ramp at 17710, and max takeoff at 17600. With a zero fuel weight of 15000lbs you can easily carry a "good amount" of cargo.

580NM flight in the C at about 240TAS is a 3.1 hr flight with reserve, that gives you 2270lbs of fuel (ish) to bring. No problem at all.

IIRC all the airplanes at ace weighed about 10,000lbs empty (give or take 500ish) so, you're looking at 5,000lbs of cargo, on every flight.

Back