B-757/B-767

“Ok Jared start 1.”
“Uh. Ok?”

He started laughing.

“Confidence!”

Haven’t flown but one short trip since finishing LOE and haven’t flown in over a month. I couldn’t even imagine how terrible my next flight would go so I took the 4 month SRL.

Ha! So what did you think? I'm assuming that was on the 75? She's a bit truckish, but certainly gentle on landings. You will love the 76-300! Without question the nicest flying plane I've ever flown, and a true finger tip flyer.
I watched him roll on a super light airplane. 114kt approach ref. Plane is super smooth though.

My first flying leg will be up to IAD tomorrow and I’ll get a chance at the 763 it sounds like next week down to Sao Paolo.

“Ok Jared start 1.”
“Uh. Ok?”

He started laughing.

“Confidence!”

I think you guys push less buttons than us on that bleed panel for start, so at least you got the going for you ;) We had a retired UAL guy teaching sim who complained about the SJI way of operating the bleed panel. Couldn't agree more, I'm sure I'll be staring up at that panel like a dunce whenever I fly again.

757 OE: complete?

Four day trip, three legs, I got two landings.

First one was pretty good.

Second one started off with a gear disagree light, a go around from about 2000 feet to 3000 feet at about 150k lbs (light) so it went about as expected.

Ran the checklist, had three green so came back around and landed with an audience (three trucks with whirly-lighty-bits). Decent landing, flared high.

Apparently I’m still doing a 767 trip this week and that could potentially finish my OE as long as I don’t screw up (more).

757 OE: complete?

Four day trip, three legs, I got two landings.

First one was pretty good.

Second one started off with a gear disagree light, a go around from about 2000 feet to 3000 feet at about 150k lbs (light) so it went about as expected.

Ran the checklist, had three green so came back around and landed with an audience (three trucks with whirly-lighty-bits). Decent landing, flared high.

Apparently I’m still doing a 767 trip this week and that could potentially finish my OE as long as I don’t screw up (more).

Thought no flying on that fleet? Or does that start in May?

We had a "no green gear down light" scenario in the sim this year. If there is no gear disagree warning and/or EICAS message, you are okay to land. At least at Brown. That's what our checklist says.

We had the three green but the disagree light. Checklist only had us put the ground prox gear to override.

A38D395E-94BF-4B23-BF9F-6FF7EE6FDD96.jpeg

Just completed OE. My first 767 trip included my last 767 landing. All four of us are being displaced from the fleet.

Four total landings. Two in the 757, two in the 767.
What a weird time. Reminds me of a buddy who got displaced to the 737 from the 320 years back and right before his check ride got re-displaced to the Mad Dog (or something along those lines). Anyway, they made him finish his checkride so he has the type but not a single hour in a 737.

Sorry man, and good luck to everyone at UAL and everywhere else.

Well I have been given notice of my displacement, so I think I will just sit at home until I either go to training or get furloughed.
I'm mostly in FL this month, but if you want an escape we can try to get together for some ASEL time

Well I have been given notice of my displacement, so I think I will just sit at home until I either go to training or get furloughed.
Team Sit at Home has been great. Initial just got canceled again, so I think I'll ride the gravy train from my couch til October when I'll be not current and unemployable

Back