B 737 .. Very Late 90 Degree Right Turn Ending At Runway Threshold

[ QUOTE ]

Hamburg International Boeing 737 ..... Now that's one heck of a turn from base on to Final Approach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks pretty tame to me for a final turn, maybe 40 degrees? Not that the pax would particularly agree with me.
smile.gif

The posting on airliners.net said it was a 90 degree turn, I found that hard to believe. I would have to agree with your 40 degree figure.

Jeez, you do know that on the airliners picture pages theres something that gives you the correct URL to post
tongue.gif

I went to Airliners.net and looked at the pic... checked out the EFIS displays. The ADI is showing about 33-35 degrees of bank.

That's a pretty "generous" amount of bank for a transport category aircraft.

Usually anything over about 30 degrees of bank starts bringing down the "PLI" - pitch limit indicator.

If an MD-90 had to dogfight a 150 Aerobat, game over man!

[ QUOTE ]
If an MD-90 had to dogfight a 150 Aerobat, game over man!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you have flown into SNA before!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Now if you did not create so much bloody wake turbulance we could do circles around the competition!
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Usually anything over about 30 degrees of bank starts bringing down the "PLI" - pitch limit indicator.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't the excessive bank bring up a Bank Limit Indicator instead of Pitch? We get an aural warning for excessive bank or pitch depending on the situation.

[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiosity, wouldn't the excessive bank bring up a Bank Limit Indicator instead of Pitch? We get an aural warning for excessive bank or pitch depending on the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bank Limit Indicator? Pitch Limit Indicator? What a foul!!!!

Pitch/bank should never be limited.

Yeah, but Daftarian, compare your thrust:weight ratio of the A-10 to the thrust:weight ratio of an MD-88!
smile.gif

Back