AZ Campus Questions

daddysquared

Hello everyone. I'm new here (obviously). I'm considering coming out in March/April. I've spoken to one of the "Counselors" (i.e. salesperson) at the school who says that there is currently no backlog of graduates at the Phoenix campus to be hired as instructors. How true is this statement?
Also, to those of you who are instructing there, How many hours of flight time do you average in a month?
I've plenty more questions for anyone who is an instructor and would like to PM me.

Thanks.

if there is no backlog in AZ why wouldn't they shift some of the waiting instructors in FL over there?

I think that pan am is hiring all their new instructors. I don't know how long they can sustain this unless either 1) a bunch of people get taken on to the airlines soon or 2) a bunch of new students come in.

the problem with the system is that if everyone graduates and wants three students the student body would have to grow exponentially.

so if you start now when there are 80 instructors and 180 students, and all the students graduate there would have to be over 550 students at the time you get hired on if you want three students. And that is if the original 80 instructors have moved on otherwise say if 50 were still flight instructing there would need to be like 700 students.

I know that most don't make it all the way through but still, something is going to give eventually

[ QUOTE ]
if there is no backlog in AZ why wouldn't they shift some of the waiting instructors in FL over there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, somebody screwed up...

Anyone know about any pilots leaving for the airlines from the phoenix campus?

Back