Awesome St. Maarten Landing

pullup

Homewrecker
I always wondered about the viewpoint from the cockpit at this airport. Now I know!

[YT]ksmDuXO_k6E[/YT]

Man, in the flare the cockpit is super duper high up when they touch down. I wonder if 747 guys have trouble getting back in a 172.

Isn't this the place where they fly right over the beach and if you're not careful, you'll end up getting knocked over by the landing planes?

Super cool.

Man, in the flare the cockpit is super duper high up when they touch down. I wonder if 747 guys have trouble getting back in a 172.

Yes! I remember adding a MEI to renew my expired CFI a few years ago. I did it in a Seneca. After flying large jets for many years my sight picture on landing was WAY off...and so were my landings.:D

Was that a stick shaker going off as they touched down?

No. You don't hold a large jet off in the flare until just before stall or stickshaker, you fly it on. The noise was just rumblings from 350 tons coming down on 16 main gear wheels. The faint "whirling" sound was the speed brake lever automatically coming back after touchdown as the wing/ground spoilers deployed.

I've seen this vid before....very cool in addition to all the other ones littered all over youtube from St. Maarten.

As a predominantly 172 pilot, that landing sight picture looks crazy! They look way high coming in, lol.

Back