Aviation terminology

swisspilot

I got an offer by e-mail, about a "free willing" position on a citation, what does "free willing" actually mens?

thanks!

I got an offer by e-mail, about a "free willing" position on a citation, what does "free willing" actually mens?

thanks!

Is the company Dutch? Sounds like it is literal translation of Vrijwilliger
meaning "volunteer" or literally "free willer".
If there aint no pay, it might be volunteer.

Is the company Dutch? Sounds like it is literal translation of Vrijwilliger
meaning "volunteer" or literally "free willer".
If there aint no pay, it might be volunteer.

The company is swiss, they fly out of LSZH, german speaking part. They fly N-registred Citations 500, with the gig you get a type that's all I know...I wouldn't mind doing it as time building, since I'm looking to get an FAA ATP so I can skip the 14 exams for the JAA conversion.

thanks for the answer.

The company is swiss, they fly out of LSZH, german speaking part. They fly N-registred Citations 500, with the gig you get a type that's all I know...I wouldn't mind doing it as time building, since I'm looking to get an FAA ATP so I can skip the 14 exams for the JAA conversion.

thanks for the answer.

You can have an FAA ATP and you still have the take the tests and the ground school.

if you have 1500 multi crew (per jar-fcl rules) you can self sign for the tests (skip the ground school).

About the only way to skip the 14 tests is to have 3500 hrs PIC in a multicrew aeroplane greater than 30K kilos GTOW, and then I think you can get a national license not JAR license which limits the registration you can fly.

You can have an FAA ATP and you still have the take the tests and the ground school.

if you have 1500 multi crew (per jar-fcl rules) you can self sign for the tests (skip the ground school).

About the only way to skip the 14 tests is to have 3500 hrs PIC in a multicrew aeroplane greater than 30K kilos GTOW, and then I think you can get a national license not JAR license which limits the registration you can fly.

You are probably right, but i'm not sure about the fact that you have to take ground school, at least in ch, my friend who got his FAA CPL back in 2001, didn't had to take any ground, he went straight for the tests...but things may have changed.

I think in the next months everything is gonna change again, they are planning to make an universal law on the requirements, from country to country for the conversion, an looks like it's gonna be the uk way, at least thats what a JAA rep for US JAA schools told me.

Of course, Switzerland is not part of the EU, so the JAA rules probably do not apply there and they have their own rules. . . (cheesy rules, no doubt - Swiss cheese, that is. . . tee hee)

Of course, Switzerland is not part of the EU, so the JAA rules probably do not apply there and they have their own rules. . . (cheesy rules, no doubt - Swiss cheese, that is. . . tee hee)
JAA is not an EU organization. About 1/3 of the JAA states are not EU members.

Switzerland is a non EU JAA member state.

Back