Average pay of line service job??

Fair enough.

Bwok. Bwok.

FWIW.... Peter O. Knight Airport has been around since the 1940's and - to my knowledge - no one - even guys with less experience than you in bigger planes (DC-3's used to fly out of there) - have ever plowed into a freighter in Tampa Bay.

That falls under looking out where you're going. Just don't take off when there's a large boat crossing the end of RWY 3. Pretty easy stuff.
laugh.gif

But hey - whatever blows your skirt up.
wink.gif

The FBO I worked at in SLN only paid $6.50/hr. Pretty sad considering we're around multi million dollar jets. But, on the other hand, all we did was fuel, we weren't moving a/c on the ramp or in a hanger very often. As far as networking there, it probably wasn't the greatest. Yeah, there were tons of jets, and I met tons of people, but they're always in a hurry and didn't really have time to sit and talk. However, every once and awhile we'd have pilot's hanging around waiting on people. I did get to spend one evening with two pilots who flew George Bush Sr. up from Houston. That was pretty cool...kind of a pain with all the Secret Service around though. You never know who you'll meet at an FBO.

I feel like Im going crazy, I got out of a good paying job to spend more time going to school and flying, so I got a job that pays less than half of what I used to get, but the job has no aviation connections, but it gets me through pay check to paycheck. So I have an opportunity to get a job with tons of networking connections but I have to take another half of my pay away!!!!! This is nuts , whats the secret, how do you guys do this?

[ QUOTE ]
how do you guys do this?

[/ QUOTE ]
For me I didn't do it. Got back into the I.T. profession, but still love to fly. Isn't life grand, if it's not one thing it's the other LOL.

[ QUOTE ]
how do you guys do this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I do it one day a week.

I have a "real job" while I'm earning my ratings (I'm a Paralegal) and I took a job one day on the weekend at my FBO working the line.

So far, I've made what I hope to be valuable connections. The opportunities to network are certainly there.... even for a "small" airport/FBO.

If you're feeling the financial crunch - as a lot of folks are - go back to your good-paying job and take a job at your local FBO part-time if they'll let you.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

R2F

Back