av truths

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
It's not whether you win or lose, but how you place the blame.

In a twin engine plane, once you lose an engine, the remaining engine usually has just enough power to get you to the crash site.

Safery statistics are like a bikini: what they reveal is interesting, what they cover is vital.

A novice pilot's enemy is inexperience, and an experienced pilot's enemy is pride.

How about:

Three useless things are altitude above, runway behind, and fuel in the truck.

The only time you can have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

[ QUOTE ]
How about:

Three useless things are altitude above, runway behind, and fuel in the truck.

The only time you can have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

All above are good additions to the list.....

Aviation has a PERFECT track record.. every airplane that takes to the sky eventually returns to the ground.

Here's a few,

1. Weather forcast are horoscopes with numbers
2. A smooth landing is mostly luck; 2 in a row is all luck; 3 in a row is prevarication

3.When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

4. A pilot who doesn't have any fear problably isn't flying his plane to its maximum.

5.Never trade luck for skill

6.Airspeed, altitude or brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight.

7. When the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter and therefore, unsafe.

8. I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.

9. Navy carrier pilots to Air Force pilots: Flaring is like squatting to pee.

10. Just remember, if you crash because of weather, your funeral will be held on a sunny day.

Experience is nothing more than the sum of all the dumb things you were lucky enough to get away with and will never do again.

Here's another one.

Progress in airline flying: Now a flight attentant can get a pilot pregnant.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Progress in airline flying: Now a flight attentant can get a pilot pregnant.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that most so-equipped FAs swing the other way.

Here's one,

1.The 3 most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh [expletive deleted]!!!"

-"Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous, but to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect."

-"If you don't think you're the best pilot in the business, maybe you're in the wrong business. If you think you could never make a mistake, you are really in the wrong business."

-"A pilot lives in a world of perfection, or not at all."

-"You start with two bags, one filled with luck the other is empty of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before the bag of luck is empty."

-"One of the beautiful things about a single piloted aircraft is the quality of the social experience."

You can make a lot more mistakes when you are flying then when you are driving... you just cant make too many at once.

"Watch This"

What ATC and Pilots have in common:
When a pilot screws up, the pilot dies. When ATC screws up, the pilot dies.

From my experience and observation so far, no matter how many hours you have, or ratings you hold, as I was told by the DE after I completed my PPL checkride..." it's a license to learn!"

Why just yesterday...
smirk.gif

How to make a little money in aviation - start out with a lot.

or

How to become a millionaire - start out with a billion and buy an airline.

Three words you never want to hear...

... from an FE, "In my experience..."
... from the FO, "I've been thinking..."
... from the Cpt, "Hey, watch this!"

[ QUOTE ]
Three words you never want to hear...

... from an FE, "In my experience..."
... from the FO, "I've been thinking..."
... from the Cpt, "Hey, watch this!"

[/ QUOTE ]

That last one made me start giggling like a little girl and made the dr. pepper i was drinking go all over the keyboard.

Back