ATPs Comercial Pilot Program

Gizmo

Anyone see the ATP web page? They have program for the working folks. This new Career Pilot Program allow you to keep your day job while getting your ratings minus the CFI tickets.

I wish they had a program in the Trenton area. I've managed to save up enough money
smile.gif
. I can't go yet b/c I'm also saving-up for a new car
frown.gif

Re: ATPs Career Pilot Program

Its great to have another option, but how could it be possible for a full time student like me?

[ QUOTE ]
Its great to have another option, but how could it be possible for a full time student like me?

[/ QUOTE ]

The program was designed for people exactly like you. You still need to have a high level of dedication to flying, but you only have to dedicate 3 weekends (or any 2 days during a week, for 3 weeks) a month. On top of the complete days, you also need to be able to come to the airport for 4 additional hours a week for ground, FTD work, etc. These 4 hours don't necessarily have to be consecutive either.

If you can dedicate that amount of time each week, for only 10 months (about the length of a school year) you can get from your private multi all the way through your commercial multi and single for $29,995.00.

If it still sounds like to much time commitment, realize that you will get 1 weekend off a month. And if you're a full time college student, you'll have days with out class right (at least I did, never took a class on a friday in 4 years of college
cool.gif
) that you can commit instead of precious weekend time.

Anyway, don't want to get preachy, but that's the intent of the program: People like you that have other things going on will still be able to partake in a well established multi engine program.

PM me if you would like to talk more about the program.
-Mike

Mike,
Any chance this new program coming to the Trenton location?

Gizmo-
The program requires time in one of our sims, and we do not currently have one in TTN. The closest sim is in WAS (HEF).

Gizmo, where you from? I was at the Trenton location earlier this month. It's a room. Not much, but gets the job done.

Could someone give me the airport ID of all the ATPs Comercial Pilot Program location. I've got two, trenton and DC.

Thanks

The commercial pilot program is not offered in TTN. The commercail pilot program is available everywhere there is a career pilot program.
Here is a list of the airports:
ATL at FTY (Fulton County)
DFW at GKY (Arlington Municipal)
JAX at CRG (Craig Municipal)
PHX at IWA (Williams Gateway)
RIV at RAL (Riverside Municipal)
SAC at SAC (Sacramento Executive)
SUA at SUA (Stuart/Witham Field)
WAS at HEF (Manassas Regional)

Hope this helps...you can also find info on the website
www.allatps.com

I am looking at ATP as a future flight school. I called the 800 number and asked about the possibility of flight instructing for ATP upon completion of the NEW 10 month COMMERCIAL PILOT PROGRAM plus the CFI addons.
He said the program was so new that they really didn't know. He told me that he would check with the vice prez, and that I should check back with them in a week or two.
Up to this point, to the best of my knowledge only people that complete the ATP CAREER Pilot Program would be hired on as instructors. If anyone hears something different, please let me know.

Thanks!

Highflight03

I was really excited about this program when I first read about it but upon further consideration, i don't think I can make the 4 hour drive to JAX twice a week. i suppose a possibility would be to go there on Thursday night and do your one day a wek thing on Friday. Wonder if the Navy will let me work four day weeks...

Yeah I know not much chance of that. I do have a lot of leave to burn though. Maybe

[ QUOTE ]
I called the 800 number and asked about the possibility of flight instructing for ATP upon completion of the NEW 10 month COMMERCIAL PILOT PROGRAM plus the CFI addons. He said the program was so new that they really didn't know. He told me that he would check with the vice prez, and that I should check back with them in a week or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Highflight03,

Did you ever get an answer about instructing after the 10 month CPP plus the CFI addons?

Thanks,
Jeff

Back