ATPL Checkride??? School Suggestions?

NoJoy

Piston banger
Any suggestions on some quickie schools which I could bang out my ATPL? I live abroad and can only invest one week tops. Preferably in a Seminole. Im looking for some options other than ATP.

So you need an ATP in a hurry and prefer a Seminole.. Why not ATP? That is pretty much their specialty... You might spend a couple more dollars, but you can guarantee the plane will be ready, the instructor will have the needed study materials and there will be a DPE ready for you. The peace of mind is worth it to me, if I were in your situation.

So you need an ATP in a hurry and prefer a Seminole.. Why not ATP? That is pretty much their specialty... You might spend a couple more dollars, but you can guarantee the plane will be ready, the instructor will have the needed study materials and there will be a DPE ready for you. The peace of mind is worth it to me, if I were in your situation.
This. I did mine with an FBO that didn't specialize in it, and I got it done on budget and within the time I had allotted (barely) but it was an excruciating process and would have been way easier to deal with a place that does it all the time.

ATP at Phoenix /Mesa great location and weather, top notch training facility with loads of planes, cfi's and dpe's.

I just called up a (recommended) FBO. You have a PA44, an MEI on Saturday and a DPE on Sunday? Yup. Cool, see ya Saturday morning. ~$800 later, ATP.

After reading negative posts on JC about Aviator College in Fort Pierce, FL I was a bit reluctant to attend as planned for my ATP although my experience time-building with them years ago was positive. After encouragement from another JC member, and current Aviator student, I decided to attend. I just returned from a 4-day program (three days training and check ride on day 4) and have nothing but the highest praise for everyone at Aviator College! (BTW this post is soley of my own doing; no one mentioned, asked or suggested posting anything!). I simply believe on giving credit where credit is due and it is certainly due here. Pierre (Director of Training and Chief CFI whom I remembered from my time-building days many years ago) was fantastic and got me through a successful oral exam and check ride! As others on this post have said, he is a truly an amazing instructor (both in terms of his wealth of knowledge and his teaching methods) and all-around great person! He spent a lot of time with me on the ground, including early evening after everyone else had left, flew about 7 hours flying with me and had me feeling confident and ready when I met with the examiner. Being considerably older than the next oldest student, all of the academy students were great to be around; they were helpful, very pleasant to hang out with and also appeared to be getting great training. The staff was equally as wonderful. Overall, I can't say anything negative about my experience and can go on more than anyone wants to read about all the positives of my experience; this was one if the best, if not the best, training experiences I've had in my many years of flying and flight instructing ( including having trained at one of the largest professional training facilities)! Thanks again to Pierre, Mike, Fernando and all the students at Aviator College! Thanks also to the FAA examiner, who while not easy, was fair and generally pleasant. Happy and safe flying to all!

Back