ATP vs ERU vs FBO

I have to say - I am very confused. I hope you don't mind a few questions.

Why do you list yourself as an Expressjet Dispatcher in your profile?

Did you attend Florida Tech for 5 years?

Did you attend MTSU, Auburn, San Jacinto, and Oklahomal before your 5 years at Florida Tech?

Are you part of the hiring process at XJT? Do you do that in conjunction with flying for a major and flying charter? Or did you fly for a major and then switch to charter? And I assume you fly charter in a 767?

Sorry for all the questions... your career sounds really interesting so I'm just trying to piece it together.

Thanks!

My kid and wife use the same user name at me. The way we figured it is if someone was prying like you then they really have nothing better to do, which is pretty sad. However, to entertain you here are my answers.

My wife was a Dispatcher at Expressjet

I went to Florida Tech for 4 years. I got a BS in Aviation Management after 3 years and a BS in Air Traffic Management after 4 years

Did you attend MTSU, Auburn, San Jacinto, and Oklahomal before your 5 years at Florida Tech?
My kid went to all those schools, I just went to Florida Tech for my undergraduate degrees. He wanted to be well rounded he said. I think he just didn't know what to do. However, I have to admit he does have a pretty extensive resume for flying which helped him probably get his first job at a fractional airline

Are you part of the hiring process at XJT? Do you do that in conjunction with flying for a major and flying charter? Or did you fly for a major and then switch to charter? And I assume you fly charter in a 767?
I have nothing to do with XJT. I do not fly for a charter.

:) If I could tell you anything here. Concentrate on your own career don't worry about mine. My whole point here is that anyone can become a pilot. It just takes hard work, dedication, and a willingness to learn new things everyday. I knew I would get some flak for my post. But I laid it out there for anyone who wanted to listen. I guess I should make my own handle and let my kid have at this one.

My kid and wife use the same user name at me. The way we figured it is if someone was prying like you then they really have nothing better to do, which is pretty sad. However, to entertain you here are my answers.

You FAIL to answer the most important question here.........

My wife was a Dispatcher at Expressjet

I went to Florida Tech for 4 years. I got a BS in Aviation Management after 3 years and a BS in Air Traffic Management after 4 years

My kid went to all those schools, I just went to Florida Tech for my undergraduate degrees. He wanted to be well rounded he said. I think he just didn't know what to do. However, I have to admit he does have a pretty extensive resume for flying which helped him probably get his first job at a fractional airline

:) If I could tell you anything here. Concentrate on your own career don't worry about mine. My whole point here is that anyone can become a pilot. It just takes hard work, dedication, and a willingness to learn new things everyday. I knew I would get some flak for my post. But I laid it out there for anyone who wanted to listen. I guess I should make my own handle and let my kid have at this one.

Why don't you just get different screen names...? Just a thought.. They don't cost anything, so nothing to lose really.

Concentrate on your own career don't worry about mine

No one is worried - this is jetcareers where we attempt to learn from each other. You had no problems spelling out details of your career in your earlier post - why did my questions cause such consternation? Your progression could potentially help out the kids on this site who'd like to follow in your footsteps.

My kid and wife use the same user name at me.

This is probably the cause of the confusion.

And just to clarify - your kid, who is an adult and works for a fractional, uses your JC screen name? Does he still live at home?

If your son is all done with college and flying for a fractional right now you must have had a pretty significant break between HS and college to have a kid that age? You said in this thread you were on the 91 championship soccer team - in a different thread you said you graduated in 95. In this thread you made it seem like the transition from HS to college was pretty seamless.

You also said:

I drove a old Ford Pinto in the late 80s to high school.

Which does match up well with a 91-95 college experience. This makes you about 35 years old. Did you have your kid while you were in High School?

Knowing that it's not you, and that your son flies for a fractional, then we can assume your wife moved up from dispatching to something else at XJT?

EXPRESSJET said:
I would, and am part, of the hiring process at XJT and I would hire someone with 100 multi time and 500 total then someone with 1000 single engine.

If I could tell you anything here. Concentrate on your own career don't worry about mine. My whole point here is that anyone can become a pilot. It just takes hard work, dedication, and a willingness to learn new things everyday. I knew I would get some flak for my post. But I laid it out there for anyone who wanted to listen. I guess I should make my own handle and let my kid have at this one.

Look, I'm really not trying to bust your balls. JC is a community and not just a bunch of anonymous user names. We've had people register and post in the past who turned out not to be who they said they were. When people do that it tarnishes the credibility of the forum.

If you do fly for a major, I'm sure we have a pilot here who flies for the same airline as you. They could very discreetly verify who you are. All you have to do is let us know who you fly for.

No one is worried - this is jetcareers where we attempt to learn from each other. You had no problems spelling out details of your career in your earlier post - why did my questions cause such consternation? Your progression could potentially help out the kids on this site who'd like to follow in your footsteps.

Most pilots I believe have that character flaw. Wait until the FAA is breathing down your next in the jumpseat on an overseas flight. Then tell me your not consternation. I just don't like when people try to pry into my business more then needs to be.

This is probably the cause of the confusion.

And just to clarify - your kid, who is an adult and works for a fractional, uses your JC screen name? Does he still live at home?

We have a ranch with multipule houses on it. He lives next door you could say. Neither one of us thought someone on her would play PI and try to figure our pursonnel information out. Maybe this forum lends itself to that, scary.

If your son is all done with college and flying for a fractional right now you must have had a pretty significant break between HS and college to have a kid that age? You said in this thread you were on the 91 championship soccer team - in a different thread you said you graduated in 95. In this thread you made it seem like the transition from HS to college was pretty seamless.

My son is adopted. He is in his late 20s. I graduated in 1994, I guess I have fat fingers. In my case my High School was much harder then College.

You also said:

Which does match up well with a 91-95 college experience. This makes you about 35 years old. Did you have your kid while you were in High School?

Like I said my kid is adopted.

Knowing that it's not you, and that your son flies for a fractional, then we can assume your wife moved up from dispatching to something else at XJT?

No, she stays at home and basically runs the ranch. We have a nice spread and she loves horses and animals. She has been taking some classes at A&M to learn some veternian type skills.

:yup: That is it for my personnel information. Well at least I think it is. So if you have specific avaition related questions I will gladly answer them. Otherwise I will not from this point forward. Thank you.

Look, I'm really not trying to bust your balls. JC is a community and not just a bunch of anonymous user names. We've had people register and post in the past who turned out not to be who they said they were. When people do that it tarnishes the credibility of the forum.

If you do fly for a major, I'm sure we have a pilot here who flies for the same airline as you. They could very discreetly verify who you are. All you have to do is let us know who you fly for.

:yup: That is it for my personnel information. Well at least I think it is. So if you have specific avaition related questions I will gladly answer them. Otherwise I will not from this point forward. Thank you.

Alright - very sorry for the intrusion. Can't be too careful on an anonymous forum.

I appreciate the offer for aviation-related questions. I gather you fly a 767 on trans-oceanic flights... would you mind talking a little about the transition from a smaller jet like what you flew at COEX to the bigger 767? I'd also love to know what you like and dislike about the 767 in general. Also, what was the transition like when learning about trans-oceanic operations? I've heard other guys say it was like learning to fly all over again... was it the same for you?

Sorry again for the bad start and I look forward to learning from you.

Ian

Sorry - wanted to add one more thing. I think it's awesome you adopted a kid at such a young age. I mean, if he's in his late 20s now, you must have adopted him as a teenager while you were in your early 20s? Wow. You and I are about the same age and I can't even fathom having a kid who is in his late 20s. Good on you!

And I hate to bring this up again, but I'm curious how Legacies and Regionals interact with each other. What did you mean by the bolded part in the post below? Do regionals use legacy pilots like you to help in their hiring?

Thanks!

EXPRESSJET said:
SO CAL...you need to take a dip in the water. Why would anyone go to a flight school in California? They would have to sale an organ just to afford an apartment. Maybe they could take up acting :nana2: like you aparently have. You are absolutely wrong about total time and multi time. I would, and am part, of the hiring process at XJT and I would hire someone with 100 multi time and 500 total then someone with 1000 single engine. You fail to understand that it is not the same flying and the regional airline aircraft have two not one engine. However, there are several other factors but if flight time is the deciding factor multi come before single.

Back