ATP vs Bob Crystal

Re: ATP vs Bob Crystal... *snort*

personally, i feel the training at atp is pretty darn good. i can also say i feel very confident in the seminole. no matter how much training you have, an actual emergency is probably going to rattle you a little. i haven't had an actual emergency flying with atp but i like to think i could handle it if i did. i have 203.9tt and 106me. not to shaby if you ask me. and i haven't paid a quarter of what a lot of people pay for their flight training. i'm not even done with my training and already have over a 100 hrs. me. as far as i know, not many schools out there offer that. i know pilots with three or four times more total time than me that don't have half the multi-time. i think it's funny. they don't
grin.gif
the only advice i could give is to take a very loooooong hard look at the career pilot program before discounting it due to negative comments about it. when i was choosing a school, i read ever comment on this board about every school. for a couple of years! atp always had the fewest negative comments. now that i'm here, i can see why. granted, you should NOT choose a school soley by what you read on message boards but, they sure help you to get an overall picture of the way things work. honestly, i've met a lot of people throughout my travels in the program and i can't think of one who isn't happy with their choice to attend here. maybe there are some somewhere, but i haven't me any. i'd be more than happy to answer any questions about the program. time permitting of course. they keep me pretty busy around here.

Re: ATP vs Bob Crystal... *snort*

Thanks for the comments, I guess I am one of the people who you laugh at because I have 280hrs with no ME, oh well, I'm paying as I go out of pocket and at my age, taking a loan for 50 grand does not make sence. I have however earned a college degree, comm/SEL/Inst in a little over 2 yrs and I do not owe anyone a dime. hopefully, this will allow me to actually live off of a CFI salary without stressing over loan payments for the next 20 yrs. I am only getting the ME thru ATP, and after that I will be paying for ME time as I go. I know this is the slow route, but sometimes you have to play the cards you are dealt.

Back