ATP/Type

TFaudree_ERAU

Mashin' dem buttons
Today, Flight Safety in Wilmington, DE said that I was worthy of an ATP certificate and an HS-125 type rating. I'll trust their judgement :eek:

Congrats!

Get a new job? I thought you were flying the LJ55...

Same job, new airplane. Company wanted to take advantage of the 2008 economic stimulus package with which they could write off 60% of the cost in the first year. So, they went out and bought an 850XP

How was doing your ATP along with your type? Ive always wondered if it would be easier to get the ATP outside, and then when upgrading at the airline (my case) you would only have to worry about systems questions.

Congrats though!! Huge achievement.

Same job, new airplane. Company wanted to take advantage of the 2008 economic stimulus package with which they could write off 60% of the cost in the first year. So, they went out and bought an 850XP

Nice!! I assume it's a new airplane rather than used?

How was doing your ATP along with your type? Ive always wondered if it would be easier to get the ATP outside, and then when upgrading at the airline (my case) you would only have to worry about systems questions.

I did the ATP & Type at the same time - piece of cake, however I don't know how it works on the airline route. Generally for the corp guys, the oral questions aren't much different - just have to fly the sim to ATP standards.

Yeah, its a brand new airplane. Had about 10 hours on it when we took delivery.

My sim partner already had his ATP and 3 types. Our oral and sim ride were the exact same thing.

Today, Flight Safety in Wilmington, DE said that I was worthy of an ATP certificate and an HS-125 type rating. I'll trust their judgement :eek:

CONGRATS!!!

Was it Eddie Fazzeti that had this judgement or Jimmy Donahue? Can't trust them at all! :) I got my HS125 type at ILG as well. Probably the best HS125 program in the country. Great people there. Congrats and enjoy the Hawker.

CONGRATS!!!

Was it Eddie Fazzeti that had this judgement or Jimmy Donahue? Can't trust them at all! :) I got my HS125 type at ILG as well. Probably the best HS125 program in the country. Great people there. Congrats and enjoy the Hawker.

Pat Gillespie was the man with the gavel. Very straightforward guy. Supposedly he's been doing rides for 25 years.

I'd definitely agree that ILG has a very good program. I haven't experienced any other locations for a full type rating, but I imagine they'd be hard to beat. Our systems instructor, Larry Koewing, was outstanding. There is no doubt where I'll go for recurrent.

Pat Gillespie was the man with the gavel. Very straightforward guy. Supposedly he's been doing rides for 25 years.

I'd definitely agree that ILG has a very good program. I haven't experienced any other locations for a full type rating, but I imagine they'd be hard to beat. Our systems instructor, Larry Koewing, was outstanding. There is no doubt where I'll go for recurrent.

I believe Gillespie flies out of New Garden.

It's a piece of cake in the airlines too!;)

One extra emergency and no do overs basically.

Back