ATP Seminole Crash

Sorry to necropost but this might be a worthy cause to some, I just learned about it

Andrew Rossignol Memorial Fund

Dedicated to Flight Safety

The Andrew Rossignol Memorial Fund was established in 2009 to honor the life of Andrew who was killed on December 6, 2008 at the age of 21. While on a training mission over the Everglades, Andrew and his student pilot were struck by another aircraft, killing all four people, in both planes.
Andrew, the son of Richard (a Continental Airlines captain) and Lenore Rossignol, was raised in Maine. Andrew was known as a kind and caring young man who willingly helped others, particularly children. An avid pilot, Andrew received his pilot’s license at the age of 15 and later attained certification as a “Gold Seal” Flight Instructor.
The fund has been established by Andrew's family to perpetuate his memory. In keeping with Andrew’s chosen career as a flight instructor, all proceeds of the fund will be designated to support Angel Flight NE’s Flight Safety Initiative.
>> For information on local events that support this fund, please contact Roger Rossignol.

http://www.angelflightne.org/index....nol&category=Giving&PHPSESSID=aatyzsaytezwmgm
http://www.angelflightne.org/index....nol&category=Giving&PHPSESSID=aatyzsaytezwmgm

It has taken the better of Five months to post this message. I flew many times with the C172 instructor. He was the utmost professional pilot. The type of instructor pilots could go to get any help they needed. From what I understand the ATP instructor was of the same caliber. The alert area west of FLL is like the Battle of Britian, I have over 1700 hours of dual given in the area. I lost track of all the near mid-airs. I know that they where using air to air and visual scanning. RIP to the four and don't ever forget them. They paid the price to remind us all that all the vigilance in the world may not be enough. One tip for CFI's, after awhile I begin to have my students fly odd altitudes 2300, 2700, 3100, etc when I was onboard. Saved my butt more than once, seems like everyone is at 2000, 2500, and 3000 feet. Gold Seal CFII, MEI, AGI

It has taken the better of Five months to post this message. I flew many times with the C172 instructor. He was the utmost professional pilot. The type of instructor pilots could go to get any help they needed. From what I understand the ATP instructor was of the same caliber. The alert area west of FLL is like the Battle of Britian, I have over 1700 hours of dual given in the area. I lost track of all the near mid-airs. I know that they where using air to air and visual scanning. RIP to the four and don't ever forget them. They paid the price to remind us all that all the vigilance in the world may not be enough. One tip for CFI's, after awhile I begin to have my students fly odd altitudes 2300, 2700, 3100, etc when I was onboard. Saved my butt more than once, seems like everyone is at 2000, 2500, and 3000 feet. Gold Seal CFII, MEI, AGI

The worst part of the majority of midair's, is that we haven't found new ways to get two planes together in the sky; it's usually the same...or relatively similar.....error chain unfortunately; or more accurately: the alignment of Reason's Swiss Cheese Model. Agree; another reminder yet again to be as vigilant as possible up there. This certainly isn't the last midair there will be, esp in a training environment. Best thing one can do, is make sure it isn't you.

Back