ATP requirements?

Minima-No-Contact

I'm curious as to the hour requirement needed to obtain a full ATP licence. Total Time, Multi Command, IF time etc...

Also, if anyone knows the ins and outs of converting an Aussie licence to a US one. Or can recommend a reputable flight school.

Cheers,
MNC

1500 hrs TT. you can however test prior and have a notation stating you have not met the flight time requirements.

The 1500 hrs must include.

(1) 500 hours of cross-country flight time.
(2) 100 hours of night flight time.
(3) 75 hours of instrument flight time, in actual or simulated instrument conditions:
(4) 250 hours of flight time in an airplane as a pilot in command, or as second in command performing the duties and functions of a pilot in command while under the supervision of a pilot in command or any combination thereof, which includes at least:
(i) 100 hours of cross-country flight time ; and
(ii) 25 hours of night flight time.
(5) Not more than 100 hours of the total aeronautical experience requirements of paragraph (a) of this section may be obtained in a flight simulator or flight training device that represents an airplane, provided this aeronautical experience was obtained in an approved course conducted by a training center certificated under part 142.

Thanks for the quick reply Eagle.

It looks very similar to the requirements here in Australia.
Something we have here though, is a requirement to count only 50% of all Co-Pilot time towards your Total Flight time... for example, I have over 2100hrs Total, but when I calculate my F/O time, I fall about 80hrs short of the 1500 hr mark for the ATP licence.

Is this the same in the US?

Back