ATP Question

av8rmsu

A friend of mine told me that if a person has their ATP, they can then jumpseat free on an airline, even though they are not employed by anyone. I told him he was full of it. Can anyone shed some light?

[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine told me that if a person has their ATP, they can then jumpseat free on an airline, even though they are not employed by anyone. I told him he was full of it. Can anyone shed some light?

[/ QUOTE ]

Full of it...I'm pretty sure.

Now maybe if they GRADUATED from ATP, then......
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not correct.

It's hard enough getting around on jumpseats as a pilot with the world's third largest airline, but unless you're working for a part-121 carrier or selected part-135 carriers, don't bother trying.

That's what I thought. I told him he had been lied to, but he assurred me a friend of his had done it before. Just didn't believe it. Wanted to make sure.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not correct.

It's hard enough getting around on jumpseats as a pilot with the world's third largest airline, but unless you're working for a part-121 carrier or selected part-135 carriers, don't bother trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I still remember United's pre 9/11 jump policy. It was United pilots first (aside from NTSB, FAA, etc), jump agreement holders second, and any 121/135 operator following them.

Was a pain trying to jump out of DEN or ORD.

Lemme think, the rest of the month, I have two trips of:

DFW-ATL-DCA-ATL-ORD layover
ORD-SLC-LAX layover
SNA-SLC-ONTlayover
ONT-SLC-DFW run lke hell to the America West Terminal

DFW to ATL is always packed with nonrev's, I hear it's almost impossible to commute. I've dead headed a couple of times and bumped people but will stay away unless i have to. Going DFW LAX HNL first week in sept maybe seeya then. Ever js on united lax to maui?

If your friend thinks he can do it...let'em try. I'd like to see him try to get a jumpseat. How does someone get to the level of obtaining an ATP certificate yet still be clueless?
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? No stop to talkie?!?
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem is that I'm probably the most talkative guy on earth so if I spend too much time in the pilot lounge between my last flight and commuter flight home, I'll invariably run into some old pals and end up missing my flight!

heyrusshowyabeen?whereyaflyin?coolsmoothridesattwoninezeroholycrapgottarunbye!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah!! When you end up in TUS, no talkie-me?
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If your friend thinks he can do it...let'em try. I'd like to see him try to get a jumpseat. How does someone get to the level of obtaining an ATP certificate yet still be clueless?
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see how he tries to even get through security,
"Yes, maam, you see, this here is an ATP, that's AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT in case you can't read. . . ."

Back