ATP or Sheppard

spoolinup22

What would you do, spend $300 and get your ATP written done in one day at an ATP or spend $230 and buy sheppard and do that on your own?

Sheppard has written test fee included.

+2 for Sheppard Air! They are just the best when it comes to prep. You could do Sheppards prep in less time than ATPs if you devoted a day to do it. Schedule the test, study non stop for 8-10 hrs, take test, enjoy a score close to 100%!

I'd buy Dauntless, save $35 and use that to buy myself a steak dinner after I pass... :)

I used the Dauntless stuff because I bought their Private through ATP package when I first started training. Very good investment.

That said, there's enough guys that rave about Sheppard on here that I'd give it a look if you were just looking for the ATP.

I'm actually really curious how they differ.

Everyone I know that has used Sheppard has passed with flying colors! I used them for my CFI written tests and it was worth every penny hands down!

Yeah I had good luck with sheppard so that's why I want to go back, but I feel that I would be lazy and never want to study.

What makes dauntless so good?

I've just been very satisfied with their test prep products in the past and felt they left me very well prepared. I really like their software interface, they frequently provide question updates to whatever tests you've purchased, and have been responsive to my questions when I've contacted them.

Sheppard is also good I'm sure based on the number of people who recommend it, but I personally would have no inclination to spend almost twice as much on their product when I've had such a good experience with Dauntless.

Sheppard Air is kind of two fold. On one hand you can't beat their memory aids and the ability to score very high with little effort. On the other if you also read their explanations with each question it is an excellent way to learn the material one topic at a time.

So if you want to knock the written out with little effort in a very short period of time use the memory aid and devote a day or two to study, done. But if you want to go in a little deeper if your ATP level knowledge is weaker take your time and read the references. Its honestly up to you how you do it or "need" to do it based on your level of knowledge.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

Back