ATP or DCA

Read through some of the posts here and you'll see that many of us are very convinced that ATP is the way to go. There is no way I could have accomplished what I have done so far without going to ATP, and certainly wouldn't be teaching in a Seminole building multi time so quickly. Read through my posts over the last year and you will get a feel for the ideas in my head at various stages. I like the large academies (I went to FSI for a while and hold it in the highest respect) but now that I instruct for a living I have some mixed opinions on the larger schools. If you are highly motivated and a self-starter, ATP is absolutely the best choice. Our training is somewhat standardized, but not to the extent of many large academies-we still assign only 2 students to an ACP instructor, who can tailor the teaching process to how you learn, the result being a multi-instrument rated pilot in about 4 weeks. Also note that I'm not saying anything about price-you first have to choose the best school for you, and then determine if the price is worth it to you.

To each his own. DCA is a very tough program, everything has to be done their way, and many students to not make the mark for instructing (which is a limited position) If you DO happen to be hired as an instructor at DCA, which is unlikely IMO, you have pretty good chance at being hired by Comair.

ATP is also a tough program because you have to keep up with an extremely rapid paced schedule, and will have to work independantly on getting your written tests finished.

If you can handle getting all of your ratings in a 5 month (or less) schedule, than I would go with ATP; there is no question you will have to be very dedicated, however.

[ QUOTE ]
ATP is all multi and the price does not go up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weeeeellll....it doesn't go up once you've paid your deposit. The course itself has increased in cost by $5k over the past few years.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ATP is all multi and the price does not go up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weeeeellll....it doesn't go up once you've paid your deposit. The course itself has increased in cost by $5k over the past few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which would have been established if the rest of the line had been included with that sentence
grin.gif

Hell, I decided to attend ATP when the cost was 24 and change. Ended up spending 31.

Would do it all over again for 40.

[ QUOTE ]
Which would have been established if the rest of the line had been included with that sentence
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, I'll take the price they quoted me when I first looked into them 3 yrs ago!
smirk.gif

What I mean is that when you start the program at a quoted price, you will not go over that amount. This is in stark contrast to most other academies where nobody finishes paying the amount originally quoted.

By the way ALOFT, I checked out ATP on your recomendation about a year and a half ago. I am now instructing for them.

[ QUOTE ]
What I mean is that when you start the program at a quoted price, you will not go over that amount. This is in stark contrast to most other academies where nobody finishes paying the amount originally quoted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I was just yankin' yer chain.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
By the way ALOFT, I checked out ATP on your recomendation about a year and a half ago. I am now instructing for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool! Is there some kind of finder's fee in it for me? Maybe a program discount?
cool.gif

Also, not sure what you're referring to regarding "cookie-cutter" pilots, couldn't find any posts with that phrase in them, other than this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, not sure what you're referring to regarding "cookie-cutter" pilots, couldn't find any posts with that phrase in them, other than this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was referring to the Paris Air Ad thats on top of the screen - "No games, no politics, no cookie cutter pilots either"
grin.gif

Back