ATP or Ari-Ben?

TallFlyer

So other than the hotels on x-country, new planes, and the Citation ride, what else do you get for 10 grand more at ATP vs. Ari-Ben? Also, it seems like its easier to get an instructor position at Ari-Ben than ATP. Any thoughts? Oh, and can someone tell me about the PPL program at ATP without getting into a legal debate about the definition of fraud? Thanks....

CJ

PS Can an RJ comfortably handle a pilot of 6'7"??

[ QUOTE ]
...Oh, and can someone tell me about the PPL program at ATP without getting into a legal debate about the definition of fraud?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you really want an answer here. It's a odd way to ask a simple question.

Best answer: Go to www.allatps.com and read for yourself. You can also call them (number is on the web).
Quick answer. $4995 in JAX (gives you PPL with 85 hours. Specifically for those who intend to do the Career Pilot Program)

The reason the PPL program is so cheap is because you can *only* take it with their programs.

If you take the PPL program, and drop out (not sure why anyone would do that!) - you don't get the 4995 price, they give you a prorated cost per hour for the ones you used.

And yes.. I'm sure it does feel like your frauding ATP when you get the 85 hours for only 4995
grin.gif
tongue.gif

Seriously though.. If I wasn't looking at ATP, I'd be looking right at Ari-ben after.

JD, I am about the same as you. If ATP had a part 141 program that I could use my VA with, Id be with them I think. I really think it is a good school. I've not heard anything bad about them. That PPL deal is really awsome too.

Ok, maybe I should clarify.....

The 'definition of fraud' comment stems from a posting on another topic. Basically someone from ATP was talking about their PPL program and some people got on his back and wrote like 25 posts or somethintg outrageous like that about fraud, etc. It was really somewhat lame.

CJ

Thanks for the clarification.

Regarding the PPL... You can also do it in your home town, but it costs $2000 more (might be a wash, considering home-cooked meal and housing). You get 55hrs from the local FBO, and then ATP flies you the remaining 30 hours at your Career Pilot Location.

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding the PPL... You can also do it in your home town, but it costs $2000 more (might be a wash, considering home-cooked meal and housing). You get 55hrs from the local FBO, and then ATP flies you the remaining 30 hours at your Career Pilot Location.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welllll - not exactly.

I went the hometown FBO route and finished my PPL just under $5K and was done in 40 hours.

Not knocking ATP. I think they have a great program and reasonably priced at that... but, I'd be cautious with over-general statements like the above.

It's not the case for everyone.

If you are seriously considering ATP - it's a great choice from everything I've seen and read. Good luck!

R2F

Back