ATP Instructors

Counselor

Just to get an update. These days are ATP graduates eventually able to roll back to instructor positions at ATP? How long does that take? How many hours per month are ATP instructors logging these days? Thanks.

I am really not sure how long it is taking right now, but I have heard there is a list of graduates that are being called. Even though it is a little slow right now, I have seen new hire classes.

I logged almost 100 hours last month. Janaury and December were slow. Before that, it was always over 75-100 hours per rmonth. I think my highest month so far was 135.

I finished the program in early January and was just advised that I'm currently #47 out of 60 on ATP's waiting list for consideration as a CFI, so I'm expecting the wait to be lengthy. I have found good instructor work outside of ATP though, and business is picking up.

I finished the program in early January and was just advised that I'm currently #47 out of 60 on ATP's waiting list for consideration as a CFI, so I'm expecting the wait to be lengthy. I have found good instructor work outside of ATP though, and business is picking up.

Ryan, your #47? when did they get you that number? last I heard the waiting list was 80?

Ryan, your #47? when did they get you that number? last I heard the waiting list was 80?

Me and my cursed typing fingers... you're right, I'm #47 out of 80, not 60. I got that word in an email from JAX about a week ago.

I am sure that number will be lower though Ryan. Plenty of people on that list won;t take the job #1, and a few more won't get the job.

Me and my cursed typing fingers... you're right, I'm #47 out of 80, not 60. I got that word in an email from JAX about a week ago.

Ok, that sounds more like it, I happen to be 19.... which im not sure how long that could take..

how did this all work, did you just have to call and request to be put on a consideration list?

I am really not sure how long it is taking right now, but I have heard there is a list of graduates that are being called. Even though it is a little slow right now, I have seen new hire classes.

I logged almost 100 hours last month. Janaury and December were slow. Before that, it was always over 75-100 hours per rmonth. I think my highest month so far was 135.

ATP is now updating their website with how many instructors are getting re-hired, and which ones. Keep in mind that even if you do get hired, you should plan to sit in the call center in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL and answer phones for a while before you are going to get a shot at instructing...and even then they aren't really offering people their choice of location.

Crap LoadMaster... you work too much. Even when I was a CFI I didn't want to get anywhere near 100hrs a month of flight time. You figure 100 hrs flying is like 200hrs teaching, which is like 8 days no sleep of working or equivilant to 60hr work week.

heck no!

Well I am the add-on instructor here so usually I get the most time. I try to make my ground training very efficient. If I have two Commercial Multi's, I do their ground together and then quiz them individually at the end of the flights as well.

I also stick my hand in the air for just about any flying that is up for grabs.

I'm #12 on the list, working as an instructor now but doesn't look good for the summertime and most likely will be getting laid off. I really want the multi time too.

I see from the last list of recent CFIs that they are picking up ATP grads that were recently furloughed from the regionals...

Back