ATP initial check ride done. MEL & MES

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
A few months ago I started looking around at seaplane ratings and finally got my stuff organized and went with Skip and his instructor at SPS Seaplanes out of Daytona area. All the training was done with SPS's instructor Jason at Jack Brown's in Winter Haven with Chuck Brown as the examiner. A lot of fun, 360 hp & 3,800 lbs splashing around central Florida. Highly recommend it for anyone looking to the ATP-MEL initial. If you're sharp it can be done in a couple days and for a better price than the weekend course in a Seminole at ATP.

Here is the previous thread about this:

http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/ses-mes-training-whos-done-it-and-where.150902/

Did the ride today in the Twin Bee and this is a video from the guy that trained just before me. In this video he is doing some glassy water work and shutting down an engine:

Yes, technically it was two 8710's but at the end of the day both ratings were earned since it is an amphib.

You got me, no.

By initial I meant my first ATP check ride. Not the differences in PTS requirements between other ratings such as commercial initial and add on. From what I understand* (not a DPE) all ATP rides require the same tasks. No short cuts.

Back