ATP course

EIR

It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Are there any flight training facilities that offer a 2 days ATP course other than ATP? I'm looking for a small Mom & Pop place that's under the radar in the Denver / Centennial / Dallas areas.

Are there any flight training facilities that offer a 2 days ATP course other than ATP? I'm looking for a small Mom & Pop place that's under the radar in the Denver / Centennial / Dallas areas.
Not Fast Eddie down in AZ? :)

Question...why a course? No endorsement required for the ride, review the pts and call a dpe. Written done?

Question...why a course? No endorsement required for the ride, review the pts and call a dpe. Written done?

Ya, do this. Unless you're not flying regularly, there's really no reason you shouldn't be able to read the PTS, chair fly it, then go do it with a DPE. Waaaaaaaaay cheaper to.

Are you assuming j have a twin at my disposal? By the time I lay for the fuel, aircraft rental and time off work I'd be we'll over the excellerated couse cost of ATP.

So then you are not flying regularly and skills not to par...go to atp or something then. I was just making a suggestion not an assumption. Btw...why "off the radar"? You looking to buy a ticket or what? If you are at the level of being ready for that rating, then you know his business is only cheap when it comes to wages for the first decade. If you are going to pay, i would rather see you not pay for the factory rating. Rent a light twin and git er dun.

Are you assuming j have a twin at my disposal? By the time I lay for the fuel, aircraft rental and time off work I'd be we'll over the excellerated couse cost of ATP.

You go down to whatever place nearby that has a pa44 or similar for rent, tell them you want to do an ATP ride in it, bring your DPE with you on the day of the ride and do it. Written included you shouldn't get past $800-900.
But, if like Ziggy says, and you're not flying regularly, then ya, just go to ATP.

I was able to work a schedule wih a small outfit in northern Michigan. I want a small company because I'd rather support someone who truely has a passion for what they do rather than dump the money into a pilot mill. As far as flying and currency, I'm flying single pilot freight now and have had 3 checkrids a in the last month, I was recently furloughed from a SA227. I'm not looking to buy any rating.

I appreciate the info you guys provided. z987k Ziggyfuzz

That kind of begs the question.... why didn't you do it on your metro type ride?

I was able to work a schedule wih a small outfit in northern Michigan. I want a small company because I'd rather support someone who truely has a passion for what they do rather than dump the money into a pilot mill. As far as flying and currency, I'm flying single pilot freight now and have had 3 checkrids a in the last month, I was recently furloughed from a SA227. I'm not looking to buy any rating.

I appreciate the info you guys provided. z987k Ziggyfuzz

Who's the guy up North? Tom?

Tom Brady
The company was cheap.

jskibo, Yeah, Tom. If all goes well, I'll do it the 27-29.

You'll enjoy Tom. Had my ASES with him last year, back up Sep 20 for CMEL add on. Shorter drive now that he moved the Apache to CAD full time, but that means the ride is likely with Kevin, unless Bob is driving down.

Back