ATP Accepting Canadian Citizens Now?

RJones

Hello everyone,

I asked this question a year and a half ago and was told you needed to be a US citizen to train at ATP. I checked recently and the requirement doesn't show on their website any longer. Does anyone know if a Canadian could train there now. I'm interested in their Private Pilot program.

Thanks

Several little birdies... (AKA current ATP instructors) have told me that ATP is now allowing anyone to train who is considered a "Permanent Resident" of the US, or if you have or can get a Visa.

I'd assume that this is a change from what you saw a year ago. Even when I went through the program over 5 years ago, they still didn't allow foreign students for the 90-day/ACPP. Looks like it's a nice sign of the times... but also a financial decision to now allow it.

All in all... I'd call the 800 number and get verification.

That said... you are mentioning that your interested in their Private program. Are you aware that in order to do their PPL program that you have to place a deposit for the ACPP (90-day/10-month program)?

Bob

I'd bet that in these economic conditions, they'll take anyone's money.

Honestly, I don't know why they don't go after more of that foreign flight training lucre.

Hello everyone,

I asked this question a year and a half ago and was told you needed to be a US citizen to train at ATP. I checked recently and the requirement doesn't show on their website any longer. Does anyone know if a Canadian could train there now. I'm interested in their Private Pilot program.

Thanks

Yes, we are training some non-us citizens. Each case is different, so like Bob said...Call the 800 number.

And on a second note, in the past you could not do private pilot only, you had to do the whole career program. That has changed also, you can do private only if thats what you wanted.

Yes, we are training some non-us citizens. Each case is different, so like Bob said...Call the 800 number.

And on a second note, in the past you could not do private pilot only, you had to do the whole career program. That has changed also, you can do private only if thats what you wanted.

are you serious about you can do the private only. do you know if that is available in Richmond, VA also. thanks

are you serious about you can do the private only. do you know if that is available in Richmond, VA also. thanks

Not sure about the different locations, but had a guy come in this week for private only in Houston. The customized programs that are not listed on the website are "built to customer order" by the VP in Jax over the phone. For hours and pricing you will have to give them a call.

There is some info on the private only program available in the brochure on ATP. It says:

85-Hour Private Pilot Program & Intro to IFR
$8,995
60 days
ATL, DAB, DFW, HOU, JAX, PFN, PHX, & RIC
Housing Included

Or you can do the 4 month self-paced course at any ATP location.

There is some info on the private only program available in the brochure on ATP. It says:

85-Hour Private Pilot Program & Intro to IFR
$8,995
60 days
ATL, DAB, DFW, HOU, JAX, PFN, PHX, & RIC
Housing Included

Or you can do the 4 month self-paced course at any ATP location.

That is incorrect. That is not the private only program. There is not an intro to IFR, it is not 85 hours, and $8995 is the price for the private if you put a deposit down on the career program.

That is incorrect. That is not the private only program. There is not an intro to IFR, it is not 85 hours, and $8995 is the price for the private if you put a deposit down on the career program.

"Intro to IFR" was what they used to call the time building portion after you get the PPL. To make it all work hour wise, you have to have 85 hours prior to starting the ACP. so if it takes you less than 85 hours to get a PPL, you have to do some time building. Im sure they havent changed anything in the last year or so...

"Intro to IFR" was what they used to call the time building portion after you get the PPL. To make it all work hour wise, you have to have 85 hours prior to starting the ACP. so if it takes you less than 85 hours to get a PPL, you have to do some time building. Im sure they havent changed anything in the last year or so...

In the last month a lot has changed. They are now custom tayloring programs to what the customer needs. Each case is different and they are all worked up by J.K. personally. Had a few come into Houston quoting what they were told on the phone and I would have to call admin before I could talk to them anymore to get the specifics.

The standard private and ACP programs have not changed that much since your time. The big difference is 25 hours of X/C phase is done in the cessna now.

Not meaning to stretch off topic--but I am thinking of doing my multi and CFI there--Are they now taking standalone CFI students?

I know in the past they reserved that for the ACP peeps only--

Back