Atlas to operate 767s intra-Asia

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
http://worldairlinenews.com/2012/12...wo-boeing-767-300-freighters-for-dhl-in-asia/
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. (New York) has announced its Atlas Air, Inc. (New York-JFK) unit will provide operating service on intra-Asian routes for two new Boeing 767-300 ERF aircraft owned by DHL Express beginning in the latter part of the first quarter 2013. Atlas Air will operate the aircraft for its sister company, Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc., linking the intra-Asian flights with Polar’s existing transpacific, all-cargo services for DHL and other customers.
The new operation represents a continued expansion of Atlas Air’s asset-light CMI (Crew, Maintenance and Insurance) service solution, which was launched in 2010. CMI is expected to be a strategic driver of company revenues and earnings and improved business mix over the next few years and beyond.
With the addition of the new aircraft to the company’s operating certificate, Atlas Air’s fleet of Boeing 767s will increase to 10 aircraft.
Copyright Photo: Tony Storck. Atlas Air’s Boeing 767-3S1 ER N640GT (msn 25221) taxies at Baltimore/Washington.

So how is this not Cabatoge going away on a global level? I'm sure this is just the first pawn move in the chess game of global aviation. Next stop overseas carriers flying JFK-LAX. Derg what do you think of this? Am I way off or does this explain why the Majors are not hiring?

So how is this not Cabatoge going away on a global level? I'm sure this is just the first pawn move in the chess game of global aviation. Next stop overseas carriers flying JFK-LAX. Derg what do you think of this? Am I way off or does this explain why the Majors are not hiring?
Because the flights are between different countries. There are no flights in the same country that I know of. Right now Polar operates quite a few flights between Narita, Incheon, Shanghai, and Hong Kong. This 767 flying is to free up the 747s for other work from my understanding. DHL is growing at a steady rate and must need the heavy lift elsewhere.

Because the flights are between different countries. There are no flights in the same country that I know of. Right now Polar operates quite a few flights between Narita, Incheon, Shanghai, and Hong Kong. This 767 flying is to free up the 747s for other work from my understanding. DHL is growing at a steady rate and must need the heavy lift elsewhere.

Whoops! Never mind. Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.

For now....

"Welcome aboard Delta SkyTeam Flight 101, operated by Schenzhen Airlines, nonstop service from John F. Kennedy to London Heathrow..."

Maurus you need to understand DHL, and it doesn't seem like you do. I'm sure you do some domestic flying for them, but you're only seeing an icicle on the tip of an iceberg.

DHL is a huge, very complex integrator. They rely 100% on contract lift, although they do own 49% of Polar. We fly DHL Express, which is only 1 part of DHL. About 60% of international lift is provided by AAWH. They are actually consolidating a bit, and they don't always go solely on cost. They know the zero sum of each aircraft fleet type, and will pay a reasonable margin. They also knw if an operator is bidding on lift at a loss. That being said, at the end of the day, it's business. Costs creep too high, and they move on.

CVG is nothing compared to the hub at LEJ. More operators there than you can shake a stick at.

The 763erf's are incremental lift, putting more cargo on the whales giving you more work out of CVG.

It's hard to land anywhere in Europe and not see a crap ton of DHL jets.

Maurus you need to understand DHL, and it doesn't seem like you do. I'm sure you do some domestic flying for them, but you're only seeing an icicle on the tip of an iceberg.

DHL is a huge, very complex integrator. They rely 100% on contract lift, although they do own 49% of Polar. We fly DHL Express, which is only 1 part of DHL. About 60% of international lift is provided by AAWH. They are actually consolidating a bit, and they don't always go solely on cost. They know the zero sum of each aircraft fleet type, and will pay a reasonable margin. They also knw if an operator is bidding on lift at a loss. That being said, at the end of the day, it's business. Costs creep too high, and they move on.

CVG is nothing compared to the hub at LEJ. More operators there than you can shake a stick at.

I understand this and I was taking it from a .U.S. market standpoint. That is what I am interested in when it comes to jobs in the freight sector. Seems to be neutral growth at best.

I've done domestic flying in Germany and Japan. Figure that one out. :D

Back