Atlas Buy Out

Think of the regional whiplash program. Then think of places like Amazon and Apollo hunting for third parties who have low pilot pay/poor rules in order to be able to seek out the lowest bidder. That's what I was getting at.

That doesn’t exactly work these days… and frankly, how much do you think we’re all making? ;)

Last edited:
Interesting. 465MC is sitting in the south scrapping section, south of our hangar. Seems to be more than enough ramp space to park it. Maybe just parked there temporarily. Seems to only be missing engines.

My mistake, 465 got parked once some replacement Virgin jets were brought online. Everything else through MZJ has been heavy maintenance.

My mistake, 465 got parked once some replacement Virgin jets were brought online. Everything else through MZJ has been heavy maintenance.

yeah, 465 has lost its landing gear and engines so far, it’s around the corner from our hangar area. your 464 is over in north storage, minus engines, but has storage wrapping around the landing gears. 482 is in South storage but is just parked there, likely overflow waiting because the main ramp is full. And the two Dreamlifters are parked in storage wrapping, but not missing any external parts. I assume those are yours? That’s the lowdown from sitting out front ramp side of the hangar enjoying an iced tea haha. :)

I think Lehman is the one that let Ravn get into $90m of debt.

yeah, 465 has lost its landing gear and engines so far, it’s around the corner from our hangar area. your 464 is over in north storage, minus engines, but has storage wrapping around the landing gears. 482 is in South storage but is just parked there, likely overflow waiting because the main ramp is full. And the two Dreamlifters are parked in storage wrapping, but not missing any external parts. I assume those are yours? That’s the lowdown from sitting out front ramp side of the hangar enjoying an iced tea haha. :)

the Draamlifters technically are owned by Boeing with Atlas Air proving CMI for them.

Why? What is Apollo?
Apollo is a private equity gang organization formed by members of Drexel Burnham Lambert after DBL went bankrupt and its leader, Michael Milken went to Federal PMITA prison for securities and reporting violations. Milken pleaded out to those lesser charges in lieu of getting convicted for racketeering and insider trading. Recently, Milken got "pardoned" by Trump. LOL. So, now Milken can pretend to be a grand philanthropissant and all around good guy.

Nice company to keep, especially for an airline. I mean, even you kids have seen the original "Wall Street" movie, yeah? Remember how an airline was sort of central to that movie??

If not that, more recently, remember World Airways? They got bought by private equity too. Soon after, there was no more World Airways.
“We believe it is in the best interests of our shareholders to approve this transaction,” said Ronald Fogleman, World Air Holdings chairman. “This is the most responsible alternative to enhance shareholder value and is in the best interests of our shareholders, our customers and our employees.”
It may have been "in the best interests" of shareholders. It clearly was not in the best interest of customers or employees.

Okay, okay... If neither of those, remember Joe Pesci's Leo Geotz in Lethal Weapon 2 ? "They always Eff You at the drive through, okay? They Eff You at the drive through."

Last edited:
Back