ATC & Jury Duty

nathanw

Is the FAA required to let you off for jury duty? If so, is it administrative leave? Unpaid time off? Anyone know how that works?

In yesterday's FFA, I was given a paid, excused absence for jury duty. I was also allowed to keep whatever the court paid me... I think it was something like $8/day at the time (parking was $10/day).

I know the Green Book does, and I believe the Nontract does as well, provide for Jury Duty and Court Leave. But... I have no idea what the current FFA does regarding it. From all that I've heard... pretty much whatever they want.

I hope they haven't issued a bench warrant for your arrest... you'll find out when you fill out the e-qip LOL

All just idle threats, they don't do anything. I ran a background check on myself before applying to pubnat7, no benchies.

All just idle threats, they don't do anything. I ran a background check on myself before applying to pubnat7, no benchies.

Consider yourself the exception and not the rule. You'll get charged with contempt in some counties around Georgia for failing to appear for jury duty.

Wow, Georgia's pretty hardcore.
It's not that I would mind being on a jury, I'd welcome the experience. But $8/day when supporting a family and knocking out several thousand in bills every month is just not an option.

Wow, Georgia's pretty hardcore.
It's not that I would mind being on a jury, I'd welcome the experience. But $8/day when supporting a family and knocking out several thousand in bills every month is just not an option.

In the one instance where I read about someone actually being arrested, I think the judge was trying to make an example out of someone. In most cases, I think they just cite someone and make them pay a fine.

In your circumstance, you can probably get excused for hardship. But not contacting them at all isn't a wise idea, IMHO.

Bama is tough on jury as well. They arrested someone while I was on Jury. And they dont flinch to issue a warrant.

Once presented with the summons, call the clerk of the courts and ask "do I get to fry me white guy (or whatever race you pick)?" The presumption of innocence mixed with any type of racism and you wont even have to show up at the courthouse.

My $.02

Once presented with the summons, call the clerk of the courts and ask "do I get to fry me white guy (or whatever race you pick)?" The presumption of innocence mixed with any type of racism and you wont even have to show up at the courthouse.

My $.02

"The secret is to tell them that you're prejudiced against ALL races!" - Homer Simpson

In the one instance where I read about someone actually being arrested, I think the judge was trying to make an example out of someone. In most cases, I think they just cite someone and make them pay a fine.

In your circumstance, you can probably get excused for hardship. But not contacting them at all isn't a wise idea, IMHO.

unless it's certified mail, you never got it.

Back