ATC contacting company

JordanD

Chinese Food Enthusiast
Just a scenario that comes up in training sometimes I was curious about. Say we've got our hands full dealing with an emergency and we ask ATC to notify our company dispatch to tell them we're returning to the field with whatever problem, is that something TRACON or Tower is able to actually do with relative ease?

Just a scenario that comes up in training sometimes I was curious about. Say we've got our hands full dealing with an emergency and we ask ATC to notify our company dispatch to tell them we're returning to the field with whatever problem, is that something TRACON or Tower is able to actually do with relative ease?

So, in a "non-emergency" situation, I've relayed through TRACON and through center to tell my company what is up.

One particular event comes to mind where my company called center to reroute me and I didn't have the fuel and there was no fuel available there, and I told them, "uhhh nope, tell em' I'll be on course to <homebase airport>"

A better bet in AK is to use flight service, but in the lower 48 they almost never properly relay for some reason.

We don't do it personally but the controller you're talking to would tell the supervisor who should be able to tell whoever is able to get it done. Honestly though if you're dealing with an emergency than so are we so it would not be a top priority for us so it actually getting done would be workload dependent most likely. (Unless getting in touch with dispatch would somehow assist with resolving the emergency, in which case it would be a top priority)

We don't do it personally but the controller you're talking to would tell the supervisor who should be able to tell whoever is able to get it done. Honestly though if you're dealing with an emergency than so are we so it would not be a top priority for us so it actually getting done would be workload dependent most likely. (Unless getting in touch with dispatch would somehow assist with resolving the emergency, in which case it would be a top priority)
Sooo...that's a "No", unless it's a "Yes"?

I’d say it depends on the size of the facility as well. If you’re dealing with some airport out in BFE that has one controller in the tower and one in the tracon. Compare that to a large tracon where they normally have an extra body hiding somewhere.

There's a lot on a filed fligjt plan that doesn't show up on strips. Someone in the facility (probably OM) should be able to look up the full thing
It's super easy to get all the info out of the fdio.
FR CID I (capital i) Enter

FR 883 I

That'll get you everything including the RNAV and PBN capabilities, along with remarks and registration number.

I know at the center it’s quick and easy. The sup or cic has a list of all the carrier phone numbers. Used mainly for NORDOs

Back