ATC and restricted Airspace

avro

If you have a IFR flight Plan that takes you through restricted airspace and ATC does not alter your flight plan are you OK to proceed, even if the hours of use are in effect?

I guess I am aking if ATC has the authority to use Restricted Airspace even if the hours of operation are in effect?

Is the Restricted Airspace Hot only when it is being used? or the entire time the hours are stated on the chart?

Thanks

I'd question it to be safe, if we are not in control of it we cant take anyone though it without coordinating for it to be cold. We usually only do this for a lifeguard who want to go through, everyone else has to go around. And generally if it is NOTAM'd hot then it is hot, if they change it they are suppose to change the NOTAM as well.

If we are in control we can take someone across as long as its not in use. But there is no way for you the pilot too know who has it. I usually tell aircraft if i am putting them through a restricted area that i control so they don't freak out.

I'd question it to be safe, if we are not in control of it we cant take anyone though it without coordinating for it to be cold. We usually only do this for a lifeguard who want to go through, everyone else has to go around. And generally if it is NOTAM'd hot then it is hot, if they change it they are suppose to change the NOTAM as well.

If we are in control we can take someone across as long as its not in use. But there is no way for you the pilot too know who has it. I usually tell aircraft if i am putting them through a restricted area that i control so they don't freak out.

Actually the controlling agencies are listed with the other information on the restricted airspace on our sectionals. If someone freaks out, just reference it to them :p

Back