ATA's new training program exclusive

robair73

ATA\'s new training program exclusive

Hey ATA people. I just recieved an email from ATA today with an advertisement for the new program they're offering for the new year. I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this yet. The highlights of the program are - full 1500 hrs of flight time, zero hrs through ME, jet trained by Airline Pilots in Airstage II, ATP rating, Airline interview guarantee, for the low low price of $65k. Includes everything but living expenses. If you sign up to start before April, they give you a $10k discount and it only will cost $55k.
So they're basically selling the 1500 hrs to get the ATP rating without doing the CFI route. I find this interesting. Has anyone else heard of this? I'm sure that the VAST majority of those hours are in a 152, 172 if you're lucky(but doubt it).

Re: ATA\'s new training program exclusive

I forgot to say - What did this say about the program they have going now? Are the students there not getting hired with the 400hrs or so that they offer now? Why else would they offer a 1500hr program? Just a thought.

I guess I just don't see the point of paying 65k for 1500 hours when I could be getting paid as a CFI for most of those 1500 hours. But then I haven't looked at the details of the ATA program, so there may be more to it that makes it worthwhile for the right person.

1500 hours for $55000. That's about $37/hr. You bet your sweet nippy your doing over 1000 hrs in a 152.

I would guess more like over 1300. I wouldn't be able to do it in a 152, unless my instructor weighed 100 pounds.
shocked.gif

I actually got the same email from ATA. They don't even mention their Stage III in the email, just Stages I and II. Stage III was where you would spend about 300 hours sitting in the right seat for a 135 carrier, unpaid. I believed they used Ameriflight for this. Ameriflight wasn't hiring anyone for a while (why would they when they can have someone work for them for free), but now they have some openings posted on their web site. Does anyone know if the Stage III program has been terminated and is this new program taking its place?

I agree with the person who posted previously that you could quite possibly lose your sanity spending 1300+ hours in a C152, playing airline pilot or whatever it is you would be doing with your time.

So how many Multi-Engine hours do you get out of the new program?

It didn't say. I would guess not many over 100, if that for that price.

Steve Drummond said that of the 1500 hrs 135 would be multi time.

So what does 135hrs ME do for you when the majority of the regional's minimum requirements are about 250hrsME?

I agree that the more multi time you have the better. However, most of the mini-multi times that I have seen have been 100 hrs. Does this mean that 135 is enough, maybe not if you are up against people with higher multi hrs.

I think it is a scam. Why would you pay that much, and just build time. I for one want to work as a CFI, I hear that you learn alot as a CFI, and learning is what you should be doing when you are building time. Not just flying around. Count me out of ATA's program.

Back