[ QUOTE ]
WHEN ARE YOU A PILOT?
AS SOON AS YOU LOSE THE DEATH GRIP ON THE CONTROLS

[/ QUOTE ]

still workin' on that one....
wink.gif

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Recreational Pilot certificate....what a joke. You'd have to be the ultimate in lazy to not just get your private.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some deaf folks, the recreational certificate is a gift they will cherish forever. Two fly aicraft without electrical systems into sleepy, uncontrolled airports in northern California. One has yet to travel 50 miles from his own airport and doesn't want or need to go further.

Another doesn't want to deal with ATC, night, navigation other than pilotage and dead reckoning, and thinks taking the Ercoupe up for drilling holes in the sky is awesome. He was tired of coming back for 90 day solo endorsements, so took and passed the recreational certificate. His day job is network admin for a Fortune 10 company. Nothing lazy about him, he know what he wants and doesn't want.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

[ QUOTE ]
Another doesn't want to deal with ATC, night, navigation other than pilotage and dead reckoning, and thinks taking the Ercoupe up for drilling holes in the sky is awesome. He was tired of coming back for 90 day solo endorsements, so took and passed the recreational certificate. His day job is network admin for a Fortune 10 company. Nothing lazy about him, he know what he wants and doesn't want.

[/ QUOTE ]

To each his own I guess, but in my opinion, thats downright lazy. In fact, thats the definition of lazy. Doesn't want to deal with ATC and night flight? Give me a break- thats part of flight training. A monkey could be trained to stay within 50 nm and fly around the pattern.

Flame away....
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
To each his own

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you summed it up right there. How can you say that some people are lazy when they proactively persue a dream? That's just ridiculous.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't call doing the bare miniumum proactive. Thats how.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone doesnt have any use for something, why pay the extra money for a certificate they wont use?

To make them a better pilot- thats why. Do you know how many pilots there are out there with commercial certificates that don't fly for hire? Quite a few. I know about 6 or 8 personally. They did it for the challenge and the added proficiency. Same with instrument. Who on here has a seaplane rating? And of those who do...how many are active seaplane pilots? I'd be willing to bet not many. Who on here has tailwheel signoffs? I do...and I haven't used it since I got it. Waste of money? I think not.

You probably don't get my point, and I really don't care anymore. I'm not going to waste anymore time than I already have arguing it. I stand by my original statement.

Back