At the end of my rope, where can I get multi time!?

I am a member at BEFA but the problem is they are getting ready to sell the dutch so it wouldn't give me much time to build time. Also Crest was the first place I looked at because I knew they have a travel air and that is what I got my CMEL when I was teaching at the college. Unfortunately they need 25 ME and I only have 12 :(

I went to lunch with Howard from BEFA a few weeks ago, and he said there were talks about it going away, but didn't have a timeframe. I also got my CMEL at Crest, but they counted some of my 737 sim time toward the 25 hours.

You might really benefit from an accelerated MEI program. Since you already have a couple of instructor ratings, adding a MEI to your ticket should be a snap. You could probably get it done in a month of Saturdays (or 3-4 days of vacation) at your flying club if you apply yourself. Once you have you're MEI, you'll be much closer to the 25 hrs everyone is looking for, plus you'll be able to offer more value to your friend with a Seneca. (Hey Mr. Seneca, do you need a free IPC or some single engine proficiency work?)

About the only place that I found I could rent a multi with low insurance minimums was in california at the Plus One flying club at Montgomery - all they wanted was a multi and 150TT and 10 M/M. That was years ago.

After leaving the flying club I found I couldn't rent a multi anywhere else because I didn't have the total time to meet insurance mins even though I had acquired over a 100 multi hours flying the flying club's multis after getting the multi add-on.

Back