AT-SAT Scores

Even though I'm *very* happy with my score, I have to agree with some of the skepticism above... I think of my best friend's dad, who is one of the quickest thinkers and most mechanically inclined people I know, but he can't maneuver a mouse to click on the "start" button in Windows to save his life...

I think anyone would agree that someone who was addicted to video games as a child would score leaps and bounds above someone with, say, a PhD in physics who wasn't completely computer literate on things like the letter factory, AT scenarios, etc.

Before I found these forums I checked out an ATC "test prep book" that was published in like 1980 something, and the paper test looked like a nightmare at first glance. I wonder why the FAA strayed away from that version?

For what it's worth I got 100 but I also studied a few hours a day for several weeks using that Jeppesen book and CD software. The fact the software is about 10x faster than the real exam made it extremely easy for me and should for anyone else who took the time to study it.

FWIW a 100 on the ATSAT is not a good indicator of a good controller, but it does recognize that a certain skillset is present within the test-takers mind.

I agree that the at-sat is not the end all and be all of becoming a controller. If it was then you wouldn't need to go to an academy and then have OJT for 2-4 years, but I still felt like responding to the bitterness I saw in the previous postings, I mean...if I get an 83 on a test, does that automatically mean it is B.S.? If I score 100, does that mean it is a good test? No, my own score is indicative of nothing, and in fact in my previous post for which I was being accused of being full of myself, you can see I really didn't refer to myself at all.

Also in other posts I have made on this forum you can see that I clearly said that the scenarios and letter factory portions of the test must be very liberally scored or weighted as I did not feel I did well on those portions. I have also said that an above average 8th grader could do well on this test...that being said, how would it make me think I am better than anyone else just because I scored highly on it? Wow, I can do a test I think an 8th grader can do...I must be Einstien.:banghead:

Oh Hudson...I guess you didn't do so hot, huh?

Actually I'm sure I did just fine, but that's irrelevant. It's your attitude that isn't so hot...

Your assumption that someone didn't score well because they disagree with you is rather telling.

Actually I'm sure I did just fine, but that's irrelevant. It's your attitude that isn't so hot...

Your assumption that someone didn't score well because they disagree with you is rather telling.

I don't care if you disagree with me. It is the fact that you insinuate I am arrogant because you disagree with me that is irritating. If you can't express your disagreement with someone without insulting them, then it is logical to question your intelligence. Especially when the insult you use, my arrogance, isn't supported by my posts. I have not compared myself to anyone or said that I am better, smarter, or more well prepared than anyone else on this forum. The fact that you would make the leap to arrogance, shows that you probably have self esteem issues and thus automatically think that I feel like I am better than you, which is not true, because I don't know you to make that call.

I don't care if you disagree with me. It is the fact that you insinuate I am arrogant because you disagree with me that is irritating. If you can't express your disagreement with someone without insulting them, then it is logical to question your intelligence. Especially when the insult you use, my arrogance, isn't supported by my posts. I have not compared myself to anyone or said that I am better, smarter, or more well prepared than anyone else on this forum. The fact that you would make the leap to arrogance, shows that you probably have self esteem issues and thus automatically think that I feel like I am better than you, which is not true, because I don't know you to make that call.

Wasn't an insult, just a suggestion

[modhat] folks the users in general do not care if any two users cannot get along on a personal level. if you have something to add to the conversation then please do. please take the personal back and forth to a PM [/modhat]

Interesting, see my AT-SAT notification never showed up on my homepage. I just received the e-mail saying I was selected to take the test. When I called the lady at Robinson Aviation to schedule my test date I told her her that and she really didn't know how to help. As long as I got my date to take the test I was happy. How long did it take for you to get your score?

Interesting, see my AT-SAT notification never showed up on my homepage. I just received the e-mail saying I was selected to take the test. When I called the lady at Robinson Aviation to schedule my test date I told her her that and she really didn't know how to help. As long as I got my date to take the test I was happy. How long did it take for you to get your score?
I took the test on Wednesday and got my score on Monday. Oh, and by the way, my score did also show up under test information.

I am assuming that the score you receive is more of an 'aptitude level' than a percentage score, correct? I'm asking because it seems next to impossible to answer 100% of all questions correctly with a 'no wrong answer' psych section.

Also, what is the range for 'well qualified' versus 'qualified'?

I am assuming that the score you receive is more of an 'aptitude level' than a percentage score, correct? I'm asking because it seems next to impossible to answer 100% of all questions correctly with a 'no wrong answer' psych section.

I don't think the psych section actually generates a score at all. That is probably for HR to review, and it probably gives a rating more than a score. I also think that the scenarios, letter factory and scan test are pretty liberally scored or weighted as it seems impossible to ace those as well.

Qualified is 70-84.9
Well Qualified is 85-100

So essentially as long as you get an 85, nothing else seems to matter. 90, 95 or 100...their all worth the same as 85 (supposedly):buck:

I didn't have any crashes, make any mistakes on the letter factory, and am pretty sure i got all of the math questions,angles, and scan portion right. I don't think i missed very many of the analogies either. But i am pretty sure that i was at only about 50% on the questions on letter factory.

I didn't have any crashes, make any mistakes on the letter factory, and am pretty sure i got all of the math questions,angles, and scan portion right. I don't think i missed very many of the analogies either. But i am pretty sure that i was at only about 50% on the questions on letter factory.

How were you able to catch every plane flying outside of the given range on the scan portion? And if you didn't, how would you know?:whatever:

How were you able to catch every plane flying outside of the given range on the scan portion? And if you didn't, how would you know?:whatever:

Yeah, I'm curious about that too. There were times that there were so many jumping around I was just happy if I got all of the ones that were blatantly outside the ranges. Overall, I feel I did pretty good on the scan and I only recall crashing two airplanes in the sim portion. The couple of errors I had in letter factory were mainly a result of me working out of the corner of my eye. I'd go to add a box at the bottom and accidentally click the wrong color. The analogies were the only thing I didn't walk out of the room feeling like I had aced or came very close to acing.

We started at about 8:30 this morning and I got done right around 2. I took both breaks and took about an hour lunch break. I figure it took me about 4 hours to complete the test at a fairly leisurely rate.

Back