Assistance for ATA Students

crjsomeday

First of all let me say that i hope all of the AtA students can hopefully get their money back. If i was in the same spot i would be pretty angry. I am currently a student at FSI and work in the marketing department, from what i understand FSI has sent a representative to the school to try to assist the ATA students in any way possible to continue their training. FSI has also been contacting lenders to see if there is any way they can help. The FSI representative will be over near showalter this afternoon. Best of luck to all the ATA students.

What kind of assistance? We feel really bad about your school closing down, why don't you come over to FSI now? That's pretty lame. Don't call it assistance, call it bottom feeding.

"bottom feeding", I am honestly sorry that you took my post the wrong way. In no way was i trying to take advantage of the horrible situation that exists. Just wanted to post some info that might help the ATA students continue whether at FSI or not.

Bottom feeding? Maybe so, but if you were on the bottom of a bankrupt flight school wouldn't you want somebody trying to help you get back to your education and training? Of course FlightSafety wants more students, but who doesn't? If FlightSafety can help these students get their money back from ATA and back on track towards their original goals quickly, what's wrong with that?

Yes, I'm biased. I'm a FlightSafety student. Regardless, two main reasons why I think that FlightSafety is a good choice for former ATA students are:

<ul type="square"> [*]You control your money. You can put as little in your account as you want. Of course you have to have some in there if you want to fly, but that's obvious. You can also pay with a credit card, which can help rack up frequent flyer miles or whatever. Bottom line, you're the customer.

[*]Maintenance is ridiculously good. Anybody can squawk ANYTHING. The plane then comes off the line and gets checked/fixed no questions asked. I've personally squawked a few planes for minor problems and they were addressed quickly if not immediately.[/list]
Whether ATA students decide to switch to FSI or not, I still hope them the best and wish them good luck in getting their money back and getting on with their training.

If anybody wants to PM me, I’d be glad to talk. And no, I don’t work for the marketing department. I’m a student who started here last November with my private license. I’m currently about ¾ of the way through the CIME program working on my instrument rating.

Dave

How will FSI help ATA students get their money back? Is FSI going to provide legal assistance to every student? That's all I'm saying. It looks a little seedy. Whether your intentions are noble or not, that's just one way of seeing the situation.
I think FSI is a very reputable academy, it just doesn't look good. It looks like one of those lawyers that chases accidents to get cases. That's all I'm saying. Surely you can see my point.

Robair,

I can see your point, but can you see FSI's? They flew up there today to talk to the poor guys who are stranded. They didn't go knocking on doors, just offered info and a free place to stay in case anyone needed that.

Guess what...Pan Am and Comair also sent marketing types up there. It's a dog eat dog world out there. The buzz around the school today was one of feeling bad and sorrow for the students who got burned. Most of us have gone into serious debt in order to do this training and understand what kind of uncertainty and frustration ATA students are going through. We offered our school for those who want to continue their training. We don't tell anyone we'll get them their money back because we can't. What we can do is tailor our program to their needs, intermediate with Key Bank, offer a place to stay and help however we can. We can also offer what is unquestionably the most financially solvent school on the market. FSI is much much more than just Vero Beach. There are over 35 centers around the world. It's ultimately owned by Berkshire Hathaway (aka Warren Buffett, second richest man in the world, according to Fortune's list of billionaires put out yesterday).

We've been around for half a century....we aren't going anywhere. If you are understandably skittish, just pay as you go. No large checks for 15 or 30 required. Pay as you go...you can take money out of your account if you need it. Basically, we are treated like what we are....*customers*.

My prayers go out to those who were taken advantage of....get a lawyer and go after these bastards.

Chunk

This is a horrible thing that has happened. Its kind of funny seeing these schools go up there and recruit, even though they are probably trying to help. I go to pan am, and it was quite the scene when I was in dispatch today and all the chiefs came in all frazzled with drool coming from their mouths, saying "ata, ata." Dont get me wrong, I have no problems with panam ive enjoyed my training, but how these chief instructors think that ata students will pick this school is beyond me. I guess they havent viewed this website. In any event I wish all involved all the best...

I was a student at ATA for about two weeks. I was in the middle of my Private ground school End of Course test whe the chief pilot told everyone that they had 10 mins to leave the building.

Im 19 years old and worked the line for aca for a year to save up money to go to ATA for living expenses and for food. I am out of words for what I feel, nobody knows how it feels to spend 55g's on a 2 week ground school without ever stepping into an aircraft.

On behalf of all 250 somthing students at ATA I want to thank all of you for the support and backing. Currently we are in the process of filing a warrant for the arrest of one of the owners in crminal court for fraud and embzelment. The Williams knew that the school was going under and still "let" us start the program.Also the williams used our "up front" money to fund their private airline\charter ops. I also want to thank all the flight schools for hiring and bringing ATA students and cfi's into thier schools and helping us out finish our tickets. All the flight schools that were on site was more than helpful and were not "bottom feeding" or "recruiting" at all.

I hope that all of us in this forum will stick together as pilots and not students in competting schools. I gotta go I have one night left in my student housing and dont know where i'll be tomorrow night. Thanks for all the help guys

I just hope everything works out for the best for all the students involved. I hope that other academies don't take advantage of this opportunity to pull the wool over their eyes again.

Well dude, don't go homeless....you can crash on my sofa. That goes for anyone put out by these bastards.

I'm not one to advocate violence, but damn....I'd be tempted. DON'T DO IT, though....it'll hurt your career and case against the prick.

Picket Discover Air though. Make sure he doesn't make a dime over there. If I were flying the line and this guy wanted to jumpseat, he'd have better luck hitchhiking. Hey Doug, maybe this is something for the ALPA boards. This d*ck STOLE hundreds of thousands from aviation's future. He broke the faith. Screwed other pilots. He should be treated accordingly.

Chunk

I simply can't imagine something like this happening to people. I've heard about it in the past, but I didn't think I would see it myself. To have that much money tied up in litigation while you are in limbo is enough to cause people to do strange things. Don't anyone go crazy down there please. Things will most certainly work themselves out in the end. Take care guys.

I WAS A STUDENT THERE UNTIL THOSE BAS%^&amp; TOOK MY MONEY AND BOUGHT NEW VEHICLES WITH IT AND NO TELLING WHAT ELSE I NOW HAVE A NEW DREAM IN LIFE
AND THAT IS TO DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO SEE THAT THE WILLIAMS FAMILY GETS WHAT IS COMING TO THEM

IF ANYBODY HAS ANY POINTERS ON WHAT I SHOULD DO ON STILL PURSUEING MY FIRST DREAM OF BECOMING A COMM. PILOT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO WRITE MY EARS OPEN

ANY OTHER STUDENTS THAT GOT SCREWED BY THE WILLIAMS PLEASE E MAIL ME

THANKS
ONE SCREWED EX-
frown.gif
STUDENT

Back