ASA's FAR/AIM

Revolutionist

Would it be fair to say that everything I need to know -- from PPL to CFI's -- to become a pilot is in this manual?

I'm about to start PPL training and was curious.

Not everything.

You will need to know weather, doc. AC-006A for example.

It's pretty good for NOT becoming NOT a pilot. If you want to become a dishwasher, wash some dishes. If you want to become a pilot, fly some planes.

Would it be fair to say that everything I need to know -- from PPL to CFI's -- to become a pilot is in this manual?

I'm about to start PPL training and was curious.
A bit of explanation might help.

The FAR is the Federal Aviation Regulations, part of the Code of Federal Regulations that contains the text of regs that deal with all US agencies from the FAA to the FCC, the FTC, the banking agencies, the environmental agencies, the civil right agencies, etc...

The AIM is a general reference for pilots about many of the operation aspects of flying - how to communicate with ATC, how airspace works, etc.

ASA's FAR/AIM is a republication of the AIM and parts of the FAR ASA thinks a pilot should know. It's not even all of the FAR.

They are part of the group of information that you need to know as a pilot, but they are not even close to everything you need to know.

Back