ASAP Multi PIC

braidkid

I'm curious about the 35 hr. ASAP Multi PIC program offered by ATP. How are they able to give you multi PIC time at only $100/hour? Is this two people logging hood and safety time?
If anyone is familiar with this program I'd appreciate any info you can share...

It's the same XC time as the career pilot program, just less of it. You will likely be paired up with career pilots for the ASAP program, for that matter. One pilot is under the hood as pilot flying, the other is safety pilot and handles navigation and radios. Both of you log PIC, as specified in the FARs.

I flew with a couple of ASAP guys during my XCs, and noticed that both had sub-par instrument skills, to the point of being uncomfortable in extended IMC. Not to generalize at all-other than that they did great, and we had some great flights.

[ QUOTE ]

I flew with a couple of ASAP guys during my XCs, and noticed that both had sub-par instrument skills, to the point of being uncomfortable in extended IMC.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can two pilots log PIC when in IMC?

[ QUOTE ]

How can two pilots log PIC when in IMC?

[/ QUOTE ]

If one is a CFI.

Safety pilot rule doesn't apply, so not sure how else both log PIC during IMC (don't you just love all the TLAs?
smile.gif
)

Back