ASA Gear up landing at ATL yesterday

I try to stay out of the regional payfest squabbles, but earnestly, you strike me as the sort of ambitious-in-a-pathetic-way dead-eyed model-UN nerd that deserves, regardless of party affiliation, the most hardcore blanket party imaginable. You freely admit that you don't have any idea wtf you're talking about, but nevertheless, talk you do, and at high volume. You missed a career as a politican.

As opposed to the give-me-a-medal-because-i-can-remeber-the-landing-gear-and-not-drool-on-myself-in-the-terminal regional pilot who constantly whines because the brochure at flight safety was a lie? I'll take the former.

If I know so little than it should be easy to overwhelm me with your incredible depth of knowledge and prove me wrong.

The important thing is though, were either of the cockpit crew former Gulfstreamers? :rolleyes:

You know, being a Gulfstreamer may or may not have had a direct impact of the what, 3 out of 4 crashes that the regionals have had with a Gulfstreamer in the cockpit..

Something I have observed is that the crew members I have flown with who have come from Gulfstream definitely have their.. quirks..

I've flown with 3 that I can remember off the top of my head that seemed to be scared to death of the airplane in any portion of the flight other than Otto on, straight and level flight.. They all seem to do very well at pushing the buttons.. Other than that, they are lost.. I had one almost come unglued when I told him I was going to hand fly with no flight director...

I never knew these folks were Gulfstreamers until subsequent flights and I found myself not being surprised..

If I listed my "top 10 worst captains" to fly with.. I have no doubt the top 6 members are all Gulfstream graduates..

Sure, it may just be coincidence.. Then again, it might not be..

Back