ASA furloughees... use your sick time!

willi075

Even if you are furloughed for one day, sick time goes back to zero. It DOES NOT pay out like vacation.

smoke 'em if you got 'em.:bandit:

cough cough.

If you're on probation I'd check to see what kind of protections you have after termination, assuming you plan to go back to ASA. We had none at expressjet...so blow your sick time, get yourself fired, and the union can't do jack to help you.

:yeahthat:

All of the furloughees are still on probation.

Tread lightly. Certainly use it if legit (proof from Doc).

Be VERY VERY careful about how you say stuff like that, even on anonymous message boards. ALPA currently has a judgment against them because pilots (many of which did not hold any union position) said similar things.

Even if you are furloughed for one day, sick time goes back to zero. It DOES NOT pay out like vacation.

smoke 'em if you got 'em.:bandit:

cough cough.

If you had only pulled out your contract and read the section concerning sick time you wouldn't have posted this incorrectly on every message board out there.

Section 14. B. 7
A pilot who is furloughed or on leave of absence will retain unused sick leave.

It is on page 128. It's bad enough you are posting crap like this after the whole united deal, but you are flat out wrong!

The last thing ASA needs is the additional expense of covering shifts due to sick time abuse. Use it if you are sick, but don't use it just to use it. It's not vacation time.

It's the guy who is gets junior manned to cover your shift that you are screwing.

Be careful when considering exercising "self help" because the Feds can... err... WILL whack your pee pee if they think you're making a concerted effort to stage work outages.

Be careful when considering exercising "self help" because the Feds can... err... WILL whack your pee pee if they think you're making a concerted effort to stage work outages.

You always have such a way with words.

It's the guy who is gets junior manned to cover your shift that you are screwing.

Or, you are benefiting the guy who has been barely breaking monthly guarantee and now that you gave him a 4-day he gets an extra 20-30 hrs of pay!

This is why I'm sad I've never met Dough....and I live in the darn valley....hehe...whack your peepee....that's good.

Back