Army Helicopter Conducts Candy Air Drop

I’m sure somebody somewhere is building a Jade Helm II conspiracy off stuff they see like that.
I pine for the old days when we kept this kind of thing out of the domestic realm and engaged in RMT exercises the old fashioned way... by invading small nation states.

Of course, the precedent for fear was set long ago by “WKRP in Cincinnati.” :bounce:

Though four months distant now, and on a more serious note, we used to field dozens of 911 calls for NYSEG helicopters checking power lines, NYSP choppers looking for marijuana plots, seaplanes landing in the Hudson River ... ”Really? You saw a helicopter in the sky? Any cars on your road today?” Always thought, never vocalized (sadly).

New York, at least, hits the “See something, say something” line pretty hard.

Sadly, it generally promotes more fear/paranoia than empowerment; gilding the lily, or lipstick on a pig, as it were.

Though four months distant now, and on a more serious note, we used to field dozens of 911 calls for NYSEG helicopters checking power lines, NYSP choppers looking for marijuana plots, seaplanes landing in the Hudson River ... ”Really? You saw a helicopter in the sky? Any cars on your road today?” Always thought, never vocalized (sadly).

Sadly, it generally promotes more fear/paranoia than empowerment; gilding the lily, or lipstick on a pig, as it were.

Shoot, my wackjob neighbors lose their minds anytime the local police helos fly over, which is quite literally every night.

They're MD500s too, with that unique whine, so it's unmistakable who and what they are, yet they still cluck about it.

Of course, the precedent for fear was set long ago by “WKRP in Cincinnati.” :bounce:

Oh it gets better.....

These idiots thought they were being invaded. Army admits helicopters buzzed town in Washington state

Apparently Canada is up to their old tricks or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Back