Armless Pilot

Ercoupe fun fact: when they were still producing them, they had a raffle at an airshow for free flight time until you soloed. The interesting part was you had to have no flight experience to enter, and they were going to solo you that day. The winner was a woman and she started in the morning and soloed by the end of the day. They're a well designed airplane for sure.

Ellen is my morning ritual when on reserve. Glad i'm not the only one. Just had another friend fess up...lol

She got a sport pilot license. The C model Ercoupe qualifies for the LSA category. So, she didn't have to meet ALL :sarcasm: the requirements for a PPL.

Ercoupe fun fact: when they were still producing them, they had a raffle at an airshow for free flight time until you soloed. The interesting part was you had to have no flight experience to enter, and they were going to solo you that day. The winner was a woman and she started in the morning and soloed by the end of the day. They're a well designed airplane for sure.

Another fun Ercoupe fact...they used to be sold ON THE floor at J.C. Penny's. My, how far GA has fallen in years...:(

I would still like to have one to tinker with on the weekends...perhaps one day.

Another fun Ercoupe fact...they used to be sold ON THE floor at J.C. Penny's. My, how far GA has fallen in years...:(

I would still like to have one to tinker with on the weekends...perhaps one day.
How about that an Ercoupe was the first American rocket powered airplane.

Random thought while thinking about law and recent posts about medicals/light sport ratings.

Jessica switched to going after a Sport rating after realizing that (obviously) It would be very hard to fly a Cessna. She has a valid and unrestricted drivers license, which means she can self-certify medically for flying light sport aircraft.

However, wouldn't having no arms be a disqualifying condition? Meaning you can't really self certify for that...

I am not trying to ruin anybody's day, just late night mind wanderings... I still think it is an amazing story and which her safe flights.

and I thought I paid an arm and a leg for my training!!!

Seriously, that's awesome. I love stories like this.

Ya see, this is why I love you, kid. 'Cuz I totally was gonna go there, and then I was all "man, somebody would get their undies in a bunch", and you already did it for me.

You rule. :D

Back