Are King Airs Worth It

CK

I guy I know just bought a new King Air 200 for $5 million. I think that is way too much. I love King Airs but I don't think that they are worth 5 million. What do you guys think? If you had the money would you by it?

Just depends on what you like. Hey, some like choclate and some like vanilla. Was it a fully loaded King Air? A King 200 is a pretty nice aircraft to, I have had the chance to go up in one before, so I mean if its new and if I had that kind of money, yea I could seeme buying something like that.

I would like to shake the hand of the salesman that actually got someone to pay $5mil for a 200!!!!! That's a ridiculous price. A quick search online turned up half a dozen brand new 2003 200's for less than $4.1.

200's are awesome airplanes BUT at 5 million clams your friend either 1)had ALOT and I mean ALOT of 'extra's' put in that aren't normally in King Airs or 2) didn't do much research and got taken.

Jason

[ QUOTE ]
Citationkid,
If people have the $, it doesn't need to be worth it....

[/ QUOTE ] \
Well said...

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to shake the hand of the salesman that actually got someone to pay $5mil for a 200!!!!! That's a ridiculous price. A quick search online turned up half a dozen brand new 2003 200's for less than $4.1.

200's are awesome airplanes BUT at 5 million clams your friend either 1)had ALOT and I mean ALOT of 'extra's' put in that aren't normally in King Airs or 2) didn't do much research and got taken.

Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I remeber him saying 5 million for a 200 and 5.7 mil for a 350, that had every option. I might be a million off and it may have been 4 mil for the 200 and 4.7 mil for a 350, but i just found a 350 for 5.2 mil...............

Prices aside the King Air is a great airplane, solid work horse and very stable platform.
It obvioulsy is worth it to him and MANY other operators. I am sure he looked at many airplanes since he had that kind of money to spend. It probably best fit his needs. A jet is not the answer to everyone's needs, even though it could fit in to the same budget. The King Air can do every flight the jet can do, albeit slower, but a jet cannot do every flight the King Air can do.
Insurance may also have something to do with his decisions.

[ QUOTE ]
Prices aside the King Air is a great airplane, solid work horse and very stable platform.
It obvioulsy is worth it to him and MANY other operators. I am sure he looked at many airplanes since he had that kind of money to spend. It probably best fit his needs. A jet is not the answer to everyone's needs, even though it could fit in to the same budget. The King Air can do every flight the jet can do, albeit slower, but a jet cannot do every flight the King Air can do.
Insurance may also have something to do with his decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, don't get me wrong I love the King Air. He's going to use it to fly to FL every weekend. Insurence isn't a problem, he is a Gulfstream capt. now, but he would save four hours a trip if he bought a jet. I couldn't care less tho. He said I could come so the longer the trip the better.
wink.gif

Back