April Fools

flyguy

I couldn't help but laugh at the fancy full page ad for ATA in April's Flying magazine. April fools eh. (I'm referring to the school not the students)

wow...I guess they really did play that one all the way to the very end....or do companies usually buy ad spots in blocks, like say 6 month blocks or so?

[ QUOTE ]
wow...I guess they really did play that one all the way to the very end....or do companies usually buy ad spots in blocks, like say 6 month blocks or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably rounding up money right until the end.

You would think the magazine would be able to pull the ad before publishing the magazines...

Unless they were already printed...

Probably shows that Flying magazine had more interest in not having a blank page than deleting the ad.

Or they might not have known. If they had, I am pretty sure they would have pulled it. They have no reason to run the ad, they already got their money because ad space is prepaid. Just because we know about it, we cant assume everyone else does too.

-brian

They may be worried about legal aspects of not printing the ad...if ATA paid for the ad, then they may be sued if they dont show it, regardles of the current ata situation. I could be wrong though...its happened twice before.

Back