Applying for UPT

CrazyB

Is there anyone who can tell me: what is considered a low, average, or good PCSM Score to bring before the board when applying for UPT with the Air National Guard? Thanks

Most of the guys I know in the past two years were all in the 90's. They also got into very competetive fighter units though.

I found this information posted earlier on JetCareers by C-130Guy:

[ QUOTE ]
To begin, all pilot candidate’s must take the AFOQT and BAT test. The AFOQT (Air Force Officer’s Qualifying Test) is a timed exam, simliar to that of the SAT’s, where you are tested on 16 different sections. Out of those 16 sections, you receive 5 scores: Pilot, Navigator, Academic Aptitude, Verbal & Quantitative. Many unit’s only require that you take the AFOQT before the interview while some require the AFOQT and the BAT test. The BAT test measures eye-hand coordination, item recongnition, etc. You do not receive a BAT score but the results of the BAT test are combined with your Pilot score and any civilian hours you have ( I have my PPSEL) from the AFOQT to give you a PCSM score. Here is where you can find out more information about the BAT test http://www.aetc.randolph.af.mil/sas/pcsm/PCSM_exp/PcsmExplained.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I never heard it called that before.....good to know. Are you applying to a guard unit? That's the way to go if you ask me.

-BJ

Yes, Im applying to the 176th wing in Anchorage -- they have both the 210th rescue and 144th airlift sq that fly versions of the c-130.

I agree, the ANG is definitely the way to go. Free flight training in heavy equipment and a job flying with less than part 135 mins! Not to mention they let you dress up like a hero to come to work
smile.gif

Back